I have just returned from a great week at Silverglades with my husband and 1 year old son. We didn't expect much but were really pleasantly surprised by this accommodation. We stayed in a very clean, modern 1 bedroom property located in a quiet cul de sac with it's own parking space, which was more than adequate for my small family. It was 4 star, recently decorated with a well equipped kitchen, comfy bed, lovely bathroom with underfloor heating and comfy lounge/dining area. The views from the front window were beautiful over towards the Cairngorms, and at the back of the property we had a nice wee garden with a picnic table, clothes line and bbq, and a great view of the Strathspey Steam Railway passing by which my son loved.
Silverglades is at the edge of town, but a path from the estate takes you in to the centre of the village in less than 10 minutes, and it's a very pleasant walk through trees and past fields with view of the mountains - probably best to take a torch for the walk back at night though!
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because on our penultimate night a hen party arrived taking up several of the properties on the street, running between the houses and making a fair bit of noise - I have no problem with hen parties, but I didn't think that this was the right location for that as it is very quiet and family orientated.
There is so much to do in the area, we had a fantastic week. Staff at Silverglades were very helpful and solved any issues very quickly (for example our Sky box wasn't working when we arrived and they were round in less than 30 min to sort it). We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have over 20 stylish, 3 & 4 star self catering holiday homes in Aviemore, each with their own private garden, BBQ, patio area, private parking and fully equipped to meet all your holiday needs. To ensure your stay is a happy and pleasurable one we have staff on site at our reception to offer friendly support and information on the area and activities. Any day check-in and 2 nights breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Silverglades Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverglades Hotel Aviemore
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Aviemore, Scotland