“Good value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Aviemore
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Argyll
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

great place to eat for family or couples. Good selection of meals. Very Tasty! They also do takeaways if you are self catering.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dawn H

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just back from Aviemore after a weekend and as I do most times I go went to La Taverna, been there since I was a kid and as always it has been excellent. I came in and was greeted by a welcoming atmosphere and lovely waiting staff who showed me to my table. As always I am spoilt for choice though feeling up for a challenge I chose the calzone one word, immense.
I have been recently scrolling through a few of the comments on here and I saw one aside from the flood of excellent reviews that said it was “disgusting” I refuse to believe that this is a genuine statement, it is out of order and unnecessary.

Visited October 2012
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Friendly staff, good food, nicely decorated (especially liked the lovely paintings on the beams in the ceiling), space invaders arcade game in the bar area. What more can you ask for?! My partner and I had the buffet and had a selection of very tasty pizzas, pastas, salads and deserts. My mum's portion of spaghetti bolognese was just the right size for her and was very enjoyable. Sister's pizza was scrumptious.

• Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Don't miss this place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

A return visit for us an a very busy Saturday night (bookings a must). We were early and had a drink in the cosy lounge bar - Italian beer on draught. There is an all you can eat buffet but we opted for the a la carte. One of the best minestrone soups I have tasted. Service and food excellent

Visited September 2012
Nice
“Taste like home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by locals and lived up to my expectations.

Came over to Aviemore with few friends, spend here amazing week. Highlands are stunning especially now in autumn!!! We decided to go every night to different place, try different things, mainly Scottish dishes but I have to say when I saw La Taverna, truly Italian restaurant in the middle of highlands, had to check the menu!!! I'm from Nice (France) and I have weakness to Italian food, taste like home!!! Went inside to get some informations, staff very friendly and helpful, explained everything, bout menu and buffet. Well decision was made, we booked a table for same evening!!! I think that was one of the best choices I made that day, after all day of walking and visiting came back to restaurant, was pretty busy, ordered of the menu. Feast starters, mains and even manage dessert!!! Impressed with myself! Had amazing tomato&mozza salad, one of my friends had egg with spinach, amazing!! For mains boys went for buffet as they love challenges, I ordered gniocchi, loved it, but I'm so glad I listened to one of waitresses n had just half portion, sooo rich n filling!!! Deserts ohhh beautiful panna cotta!!! Felt like I'm home!!! I think that's the best description u could ask for!!!

If you'll be in Aviemore don't hesitate to go there, well worth it!!! I will come back for sure!!!

Merci beaucoup mon amis!!!

• Visited October 2012