“great value buffet”

La Taverna
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Leeds, United Kingdom
“great value buffet”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We ate here both nights of our stay in aviemore.Great Value for money. We had the all you can eat pasta, pizza and dessert buffet. Ate so much we felt ill! (letting me help myself to chocolate fudge cake and pizza was always going to end like this). I thought the staff were great, and i was surprised that they remembered us from the night before. It was nicely busy, busy enough to have an atmosphere but not so busy we had to queue. Greta place to fuel back up after a long days walking

• Visited July 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Scotland
“Great Value Buffet”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ate here with my husband. The restaurant was very busy, but the service was still excellent. Nice atmosphere. We opted for the great value buffet, and I was surprised by the choice- lots of great salad items to start with and garlic bread. At least 6 different pizzas and 6 different pastas to choose from for main courses, which were nothing fancy, but tasted great, and not dried up, like food can often be from a buffet. There was also a great dessert section too. Would definitely consider eating here again.

Visited August 2012
Aviemore, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happiness on a plate”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I took my cousin to La Taverna on the last night of his visit to Aviemore for a snack. We had eaten a late lunch so didn't want a full evening meal but I had told him about my favourite item on the menu and wanted him to try it. We both ordered the egg florentine and his face lit up with the first mouthful. His comment - "that's it. I'm moving up." The staff were as friendly as ever, even though we were only having the starter as our meal. He also loved his glass of Peroni. Two very empty plates were left. Thank you La Taverna for making my cousin's last evening so memorable.

• Visited September 2012
Burnopfield, United Kingdom
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I called here with my cousin, who is a regular customer. We were fortunate to get a table as it appears to be very popular! One of the highlights of my trip, the food was delicious, great authentic Italian atmosphere, and friendly, helpfull staff. Dining here will be a "must" on future visits to Aviemore.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank David P
Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place to eat in Aviemore”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

La Taverna has to be the best place to eat in Aviemore. As a local I have eaten there on numerous occasions since I was a child. I have always experienced extremely friendly staff,who make you feel welcome for the whole evening. The best Italian food I could ask for, that compares to the standard of food in Italy. The decor of the restaurant is lovely and authentic. I have taken family and friends to the restaurant frequently, and they have always adored their meals. It has the perfect location with lovely views looking over the cairngorm mountain range and more parking than any other restaurant in Aviemore. For the quality of food, it is very reasonably priced! The only reason I would eat anywhere else would be if it was fully booked.

• Visited August 2012