Sorry to be so negative but having gone for Dinner on Sunday to find the carvery closed at 6pm (this is the busiest weekend of the year) and a hand ful of people eating in the bar I should have known better. We paid 10 quid each for roast beef dinner only to be presented with a microwaved re heated meal, deep fried roasties , packet gravy, it was terrible.
Shame as the place looks great and should be packed but they seem to have got greedy
The pool closed early both days I went to use it as had got dirty due to too many people using it, no I'm not joking. Take it a proper filter was too much for the hotel to afford.
The place is a joke
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland