Had 1 week in Aug/Sept 2012, 3 adults,2 children,stayed in Patio6 apartment,
The resort is spread amongst a 9 hole golf course and consists of woodland cabins,stone bungalows,apartments and villas. The 9hole golf course is free and there are other activities on offer (swimming,tennis etc)
Our apartment was quite spacious consisted of lounge,kitchen,3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with outside patio/barbeque area,Unfortunately the decor and furnishings left a lot to be desired and could be described as very tired and in desperate need of refurbishing. The week cost nearly £1000 which is a lot to pay for an apartment that is nowhere near the standard of modern time share units.
As I said,golf is free which is a good attraction and the course is quite pleasant with a informal atmosphere.
I was also attracted to this resort for the river fishing. The River Spey runs alongside the resort and offers fishing for Trout and even Salmon.Unfortunately access to the river is extemely limited due to the abundance of trees and bushes that run the entire length of the river stretch.So,again a big disappontment.
The resort is situated approx 1 mile from Aviemore centre which offers a small section of shops ,hotels etc
The resort is ideally place for exploring the numerous local attractions as well as the ski slopes.
Would I go again? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland