“Wouldn't eat here again”
Review of Roo's Leap

Roo's Leap
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I ate here with my daughter in April this year and would not return. My daughters kids meal looked ok but I didn't eat my chicken burger, it looked and tasted extremely processed. I also found the atmosphere very cold and unwelcoming. Would look elsewhere when next in aviemore.

1  Thank Jill M
There are newer reviews for Roo's Leap

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have eaten here several times now and have always had a great meal. The kids love it in here, especially as they can see the trains coming into the station! The staff are always really friendly and really good and accommodating with the kids. Food is excellent. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having previously lived “down under”, I was looking forward to some authentic Australian food and beers. Unfortunately, despite a number of Aussie beers being on the drinks menu the staff member informed me “we don’t sell any Australian beers”. A casual perusal of the food menu was equally as baffling with only two “Australian” themed dishes. That said, the food was very good and you could not fault the efficiency of the staff or the atmosphere with plenty of Peter Lik photos on the walls which were a nice touch. Overall left the place feeling my hunger was satisfied and we had a reasonable time but I was left completely confused about the ability of an establishment to call itself Australian despite only selling three things which could be considered of that origin. One of those things was Fosters lager, which is brewed in Edinburgh and rarely found in Australia. 8/10 for the food, 2/10 for the Australian theme.

1  Thank HospitalityMan2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

As u enter it is a warming feling with a quick sevice the restaurant is set out well with a range of Australian items
THE MENU
Contains a selection of aussie meals meal arrives quick over all i give it a 4 star it has been a good meal

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for dinner and lunch and enjoyed all the food we have had. We even got to watch the steam train going out from the station which was a bonus