“Leap of the imagination”
Review of Roo's Leap

Roo's Leap
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: British, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ouyen, Australia
“Leap of the imagination”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Australian travellers should steer clear of this restaurant unless you are seeking American and Mexican cuisine. Had I met an Australian working there I would have accepted the advertising. So, there's definitely no "down under" dining experience. Well situated beside the Aviemore station in a busy town that celebrates its convenient location to many outdoor activities, Roos Leap should rename or add some Australian choices to the menu.

2 Thank CTorpey

Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Good food; great service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The 2 young girls who were serving the night we were there worked like Trojans. Nothing was a bother and they still had time to check our meal was OK while serving other tables. The food was delicious and portions were huge. The onion starter was gorgeous and would easily have served 4! never mind 2!!

Visited September 2013
Caithness and Sutherland, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a busyish Saturday night. Service was great, food was served at a great pace and we weren't rushed away from our table when we decided not to have a dessert but to have another drink instead. The food was excellent, couldn't fault anything, and they were happy to oblige when we asked for chips instead of rice/pasta.

“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After walking down off the CairnGorm I was absolutely starving, on the hill I met an Italian who recommended this restaurant as as I was waiting for a train to my hostel in Inverness the location was perfect.

I went for the mega burger it was huge, and I couldn't manage it all it was served with chips and coleslaw. The service was fine although it didn't bother me as I was killing time. The staff were friendly and even let me stay in the restaurant while I waited for my train as it was quiet, it did feel guilty and had an additional coffee.

But for under £20 is was excellent value.

Visited September 2013
Buckie
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Popped in to Roo’s Leap on a Saturday night at short notice, it was busy and we hadn’t booked a table. They were still able to accommodate us though and we were promptly seated. This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant, the first time was good but this time was fantastic.

The service was excellent, the food was top notch. Can’t recommend it more highly.