“Decent food at a decent price”
Review of Roo's Leap

Roo's Leap
Ranked #18 of 64 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Went with my partner for a quick evening meal. I had a burger and he had fajitas. Both were good, would go back again - no complaints! :-)

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Great meal, real burgers, very filling. Could only cope with main meal as so filling. Service quick and friendly

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My 3rd time in Roos Leap in Aviemore. Although I cannot like it as much as Roo's Leap in Montrose which I am unfortunately too far away from, that is only because of location and layout of restaurant. As far as the menu, food, atmosphere and staff are concerned it is very nice. My visit was unplanned due to my train from Edinburgh to Inverness being delayed at Aviemore I decided to stop and wait for my boyfriend to come down from Inverness. I was enthusiastically greeted by a nice girl who happily brought me a large wine and some garlic bread whilst I waited 30 minutes for my boyfriend to arrive. Long story short, after two main courses, another wine, a coke, dessert and a baileys we left with a £45 bill and absolutely delighted. Was just what I needed after a long day. We will be back.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We went for lunch here after reading positive reviews on trip advisor but were left a bit disappointed. Some of the reviews had really bigged it up however I would only describe the food and service as average. The menu has got a lot of choice and caters for all tastes but it's nothing special. I had the cajun chicken burger and found it really greasy and not really worth the money. The portions are big and I couldnt finish mine. Overall I'd say it's ok but there are definitely better places to eat.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

The quality of the food was simply unacceptable. Poorest chicken fajita and chiili we have ever experienced.
There was one pleasant and helpful waitress but the others spent most of their time huddled together at the bar area clearly discussing and looking at their customers from afar. Skip this place at all costs!