“Small Portions, Great Service”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #1,273 of 2,895 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a nice meal yesterday, but every time I go to Pizza Express both the portions and the pizza toppings seem to get smaller & smaller.

The amount of staff also seems to be shrinking. Our server - Spanish? girl with dark red hair & lots of finger tattoos - was EXCELLENT, she was super happy & friendly, attentive, professional and a great advert for customer service...but you could see she was run ragged and the area of the restaurant she was looking after was far too big.

This is a nice restaurant, and you know what you will get in terms of tasty food..... just be prepared to feel sorry for the staff .... and to be hungry a few hours later.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank TartanSeagull
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We dropped in here yesterday (07/09) around 5.30 for a Pizza.
Starter of Flatbread & Hummus, followed by Romano (thin crust) Pizzas. One with Riccotta Cheese/Roast Veg, and a Diavola with Pepperoni & Jalapeños. Washed Down with a couple of Large Wines (Sauvignon & Chianti Riserva) and bottled water.

Great service, great tasting food made freshly to order & great value @ less than £50.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Food was great
Service was good
Our waiter was very pleasant but the manager (older balding man) was truly vile. The looks he was giving our children was disgraceful. Absolutely no customer service skills and in the completely wrong job. Will never return nor would I ever recommend.
Change your manager and I’m sure things will be much better.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

No matter which pizza express or how many time I visit, I am amazed at how little their portions are. Tried the vegan mezze, I was supposed to be topped with aubergine, jalepeno, red chilli, arugula and hummus. There was 1 slice of aubergine, the tiniest dolops of hummus and one jalepeno... It's like they didn't even try. My friends Margherita barely had any cheese one it you'd think she ordered no cheese and some cheese had accidentally got on the pizza. Overpriced and overhyped. The wait is also awful and they forgot to bring my friends order out so we had to wait another 15 mins in top of that.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

One of my favourite places! The atmosphere is always amazing and the staff are always very friendly! The food always arrives very quickly as well and last time there was a party of six and the food arrived within twenty minutes! My favourite starter meal is the garlic bread and mozzarella. Favourite main is margarita pizza with polenta chips on the side and the ultimate dessert is chocolate cake! Will 100% return!

Date of visit: May 2019