“Very high standard of food, speedy service, left satisfied, always return”
Review of asia style - CLOSED

asia style
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed August 29, 2012

One of the best if not the best chinese restaurant in Glasgow, love the casual environment of the restaurant and has great opening hours. Always speedy service and enjoy the chinese tea provided also. The menu is fantastic and you have plenty of choice and the food is to such a high standard you are definately likely to enjoy and be happy with whatever you chose. Very authentic, if this place was any more central it would BOOM but I'm sure it does so well it is such a gem, always got a nice bustle about it with a range of customers including students professionals families couples friends.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Visited on spec on a Friday evening and were very fortunate to get a seat. Small restaurant adjacent to motorway exit at before St George's Cross. Decor is basic, small tables crammed in to two snug rooms.

Asia style is a Malay restaurant but also does Chinese and appears to be popular with the cities Chinese population. We managed to snag a table for two by the window and were attended to very quickly. Service was polite and efficient and our food arrived after a wait of around quarter of an hour, just enough time to make a dent in a couple Tsingtaos.

I had a starter of Malaysian style pancake followed by a bowl of three roast meat noodles in lovely broth. My companion had the Scezchuan Chicken. The pancake come with a delighful satay style sauce and the noodle broth and roast meats was a huge serving. My companion enjoyed his chicken dish but I fould it a bit sweeter than I'm used to. Prices were reasonable and the whole experience good without being outstanding. I'd definitely visit again but would try the soft shell crab that so many people appear to find delicious.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My missus and I always visit this amazing place every time we're over from Spain. The walls are still yukky khaki brown, the decorations are worth maybe a tenner, but the waitresses keep the tables spotless and the food is possibly the best in Glasgow, served in enormous portions. This year the food and the service were better than ever, and it's now more user-friendly thanks to the young helpful waiter who took our order. They now have proper menus rather than confusing order forms, but the place is still full of foodies of all nationalities who discuss what they've ordered among the other diners, and it was as busy as ever

They still serve complimentary Chinese tea to welcome you, and really that's all we needed on a cold and wet July night in Glasgow. We had a large tureen of won-ton soup to share, then fish Mandarin style with rice and loads of crispy pork and tofu thrown in as ballast, and my favourite - 3-roast with crispy noodles. The food is just fabulous with roast duck and char-sui pork on display behind the kitchen glass partition in authentic style. I just can't imagine ever visiting Glasgow and not going to Asia Style. A superb meal for 25 quid.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We visited this little restaurant again today-it was our third time.
It's not usual to find every visit to a place better than the one before but this one is.
We found warm atmosphere, with the waiting staff very friendly, the tea just perfect for clearing our pallet now and then and the food as good as we had hoped.
Do order the unusual you'll be pleasantly surprised; and go for these big bowls of soup.
And the price for excellence? £46 for three very satisfied adults.
Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Best food about! It's not cheep but money means nothing when you tast the fish curry and crispy beef