“Nice pizza”

Little Italy
Ranked #635 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Ate here with my grandchildren last week whilst on a visit to Glasgow, have to say the pizza was delicious, I'm not a great fan of pizza but I would definitely go back for another next time I'm on a visit to the family.

• Visited July 2014

Houston, United Kingdom
“Nice staff shame about the pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The so called authentic pizza here is as thick as a door step!
Authentic pizzas are meant to be thin and crisp, instead it was thick and chewy, after I had it I went across to Iceland and bought a frozen one which I cooked when I got home and it was much tastier.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Suitman930
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let me first start of by saying that the quality of the food at little Italy is always exceptional and I have been a fairly regular customer for a while now. HOWEVER on my most recent visit to the restaurant I was severely disappointed by the level customer service I experienced. Currently the establishment is offering a deal to celebrate the world cup which allows the customer to receive 2 pizza’s for the price of 1 providing they are ordered and paid for at the half time interval of a world cup football game. When ordering my pizza I forgot to mention to the cashier that it was in fact half time as I was distracted by the highlights of the goals being replayed during the half time analysis. Consequently just after paying I mentioned this to one of the staff while I was waiting for my order who began to try and tell me that it was not actually half time during the game!! Confused I gestured towards the TV screen in the restaurant, which was playing the game, and from which it was clear that I was right but he just mumbled and walked off. Not wanting to create a scene and ruin the experience for the other diners in the restaurant by having a full blown argument, I decided not to pursue this any further. It infuriates me that I was treated this way especially as the food is of such a high quality, it’s just a shame that the service lets them down. Consequently they have lost themselves a loyal customer and I will definitely not be recommending the restaurant as I have done in the past.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Charles J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great for food and people watching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Little Italy is a great stop for anyone wanting a quick and filling lunch or dinner. They serve up small pizzas for one along with the classic Italian pasta dishes. The food comes pretty quickly and is always delicious. My favourite thing is a fillied focaccia which does the strange thing of stuffing you full but leaving you wanting another one!

Visited May 2014
Venice, Italy
“Feel Italian for the Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Italian staff, Italian coffee, Italian pizza, Italian radio, Costco pastries? :-) But let's get serious here. This vibrant little shop is the Italian espresso bar personified. The coffee is perfect for your morning cappuccino, the focaccia's perfect for a quick lunch and the pizza's perfect for your tea (or since we're in The West End should I say dinner?)

Tiramisu? That's another story. It's not always on offer,  but when it is - I'M THERE!  Word of note though - just stay away from the sugar bowls.  I've seen licked spoons go where they ought not to. Luckily I don't take the white stuff :-)

• Visited December 2013