“favourite”

Ranked #94 of 2,521 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A lively little neighbourhood cantina with a big heart, confident traditional cooking and a range of margaritas and speciality tequilas.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

been a few times to family and always recommend it to others staff great meals great small but cosy and try to book as it is always busy

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked well in advance (you have to, there are maybe ten tables at most) for a wee Valentine's dinner. Due to the date it was a set menu but at a very reasonable price. We arrived and were immediately given a mini frozen margarita...mmm. So good. Starters were delicious and pretty filling. I had the famous meatball soup and it was brilliant - spicy and flavourful. Mains did not disappoint either. I went for the fish of the day which was light and fresh, but the real show stopper was the stew that my boyfriend had. Oh my! It was delicious. It seemed to have so much meat in it. Highly recommend it! We probably would have stopped there as we were so full but pudding was included and it would have been rude not to have it! I went for lime cheese cake with a ginger base. The topping was perfect and the only slight criticism was that the base was pretty hard and I couldn't cut it with my spoon. No big deal! My partner had the sorbet and we were really pleased to see a giant bowl of fruity sorbet brought out. It was really tasty. Our waiter was a really nice guy and didn't seem to let the stress of Valentine's night dining get to him. Overall this is an unpretentious, cosy and fabulous restaurant. I am already thinking about what to have when I go back!

1  Thank Laurzmack
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We arrived ten minutes early but still got seated. First time at restaurant. Small but lovely. Served quickly and politely and food was great! I would go back again. Just make you book early as I imagine it ain't easy to get a table :)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

It may be slightly off the beaten track but this place is definitely worth going to. Great food and service. Try the margaritas!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The staff in here are lovely and the food is always amazing,such god value too.I can't praise this wee gem of a restaurant enough