“Fantastic Restaurant”

Ranked #61 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A lively little neighbourhood cantina with a big heart, confident traditional cooking and a range of margaritas and speciality tequilas.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

A coworker and I found Bibi's on TA one evening while searching for some of the "best of Glasgow." Bibi's was an absolute treat, we walked in with no reservation and were seated immediately. The restaurant was small, but quite cute! After being seated, we received a shot glass of margarita & some very awesome chips and salsa. We were hooked! We knew that we wanted a pitcher of the margarita and of course more chips and salsa! For an entree we both ordered chicken fajitas. I cannot even begin to explain just how good they were...well I'll say this, they were so good that we debated about visiting Bibi's the next night for dinner! The service too was excellent, our server was quick and attentive, she came by many times to check on us and see if we needed refills!

I was surprised to find such good, authentic Mexican food in Glasgow. I must honestly say this place impressed me and on my next trip, I'll definitely visit Bibi's again!

1  Thank Natasha A

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went in for lunch for three of us. Very busy but managed to give us a table for two hours. The food was fantastic, really fresh and very genuine mexican feel to it. Service was friendly, my only comment would be that we had to ask for more drinks.. in such a small place I expect the waiters to be working the room and offering us drinks. Overall a great experience though and very cheap (£13.50 for three excellent courses). It is very small though.. but if that is what you like then its perfect. Will be going again as soon as possible.

1  Thank Gordon L
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dropped in for a quick lunch - 2 courses for £10.50 - really nice food - I had breaded chilli's filled with cream cheese - crisp and seemed more like fresh chillis than many places - DW had Sweet Potato salmon cakes - very tasty with a jam and side salad - for mains we both had the chicken fajita - decent portion with all the sides and even an offer of more if we wanted them, very flavourful and quality meat - no compaints at all

1  Thank Slipstream222
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived just after the early evening special price had finished, but were told that we could still take advantage of the offer. Good start! We had not booked, and there was only one table left which we were offered, as long as we knew the table was needed in 1 1/2 hours. NO PROBLEM for us! Charming, friendly and efficient staff who could not have been nicer (also the plate of Nachos and salsa and the free shot of frozen margarita) set the very pleasant, relaxed mood.
This is a casual, busy, colourful - but not over noisy - cafe/restaurant.
To be honest I can't exactly remember what we ate, but we all 3 chose differently and sampled one another's food.....really delicious. Fresh, tangy, just the right size of portion.
We had three starters and three main dishes, a jug of frozen margarita and one glass of house white Chilean wine....the bill was a reasonable £48.00.
The larger menu looked even more interesting.
It was SO worth the walk up to the end of Dumbarton Road and we will certainly be back. SOON.

2  Thank harrynicoll
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have lived in Glasgow a long time now, and don't know how I could have missed this gem. A good friend booked here for lunch today, and I'm glad she did. The food was excellent, staff friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The lunch menu was great value and had a good selection of choices to suit even the fussiest of eaters! Will definitely be back!

1  Thank gaylem1978