“Breakfast in the city”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ate breakfast here on a trip to Glasgow and was disappointed. The food was good although messy, no thought to service. The staff were obviously not happy and not one friendly exchange was made. I was sad as previously had enjoyed a couple of nice lunches there. The place was empty apart from us perhaps reflecting poor service. Will be giving it a miss on future visits. Is a friendly welcome too much to expect?

1  Thank flemingmuir

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had Sunday brunch , after some shopping. Superb Eggs Benedict with German Black Ham, husband had great bacon sandwich. Hot teas and excellent service. Some very special wines and other delicatessen goodies for sale. Great apmosphere and good value. Will definately return ...

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I can't remember how many times we have been to Berits and Brown for brunch but we have always been delighted with the food, drink and general service of the place.
The eggs benedict is by far the best i have tasted and the coffee is fantastic.
They have a good selection of breakfast meals and a wide range of teas to suit all tastes.
Its all very reasonably priced and they even have a delicatessen on the side and a wide selection of wines from the wine club.
We have tried many different restaurants for brunch around merchant city but we always end up back here.

1  Thank matt_stroud
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Fantastic breakfast, a little on the expensive side, but very tasty. We were staying in a hotel nearby and found this place by accident when looking for a good scottish breakfast.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Sunday breakfast at Berits and Brown was tremendous, My wife and I were staying in Glasgow for the night but didn't like the look of the hotel breakfast so we went foraging and (with the help of tripadvisor) found Berits and Brown. Although they'll do all the constituents of a full Scottish breakfast in sandwiches or with eggs you can't just have a full breakfast. Ordinarily this would put my off but as soon as I saw the French Toast I was happy. As the pics show, you get a mountain of crispy bacon and it was glorious! Also excellent was the scrambled eggs on toast (with bacon) that my wife had. The flat whites were excellent too and the service was fine.