“Waitress was horrible!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed February 12, 2013

II really hate complaining about thing but felt I had to as the experience I had with the waitress has meant I really will not be going back here. This is a shame as I attend on a regular basis. I went on the 11.01.13 and had a meal with my sister in the evening and the waitress was really lovely and would have given her 5/5 the food was also delicious. As a result, the next day, my work colleagues wanted to order something for their lunch. I went onto just-eat and as the restaurant was not open (1130 am) I could order and pick it up. At 1220 I called to check if it had gone through as I was going to pick it up. The waitress said the driver had not left yet. I advised that I was going to collect it and had put this on the just eat website. She said that they did not do collection. Her attitude was horrible and I felt that she really resented working there .It was not my fault she worked there! I advised that I did not need it collected and it would save the driver a trip to which she replied “whatever that’s fine". I would assume that she did not own the business but she really was doing her best to stop people from coming back. When I arrived I did apologize but said that on the just eat website it did say that it was pick up. The then said yeah that’s cos you ordered last night and we don’t deliver late. -- 1) I didn’t order in last night I did it at 1120 AM! and 2) The restaurant does not even deliver to the area that I live in .
I work in a large company and after chatting to the waitress the previous night was going to order for our team meeting. I would never eat there again. This has really annoyed me as I loved the food from there but there is no need for somebody to speak to a CUSTOMER in this way.

2  Thank Nadyak30

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch in Sauchiehall St. Rolls OK, sea bass nigiri was awful, fish smelling and old. "chef" more intereted in his mobile phone to notice quality. Room empty and cold. A real shame as Queen St better and old merchant city operation used to be geat.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Bought a voucher to use at the Sauchiehall Street restaurant, supposedly valid for a side dish, main meal and any drink from the menu (worth about £20). Discovered the restaurant does not have a license yet so we couldn't get the alcoholic drinks the deal was supposed to include. I ordered the mixed tataki for my main. The pathetic portion came on the same dish as my starter, three tiny slices of beef and three of tuna on an almost nonexistent salad. My friend ordered the sashimi and instead of nine slices only got six. Both supposedly cost around £10 on the menu.

Service was slow which was surprising considering we were the only people in the restaurant at lunch time and when the food was finally brought to us, the orders were wrong. Staff were fairly pleasant but totally amateurish, and the place has zero atmosphere.

We had a terrible time, pretty sure this place won't last long. Save yourself the disappointment and go to Nanakusa instead.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went with my family tonight for my husbands birthday. Food so fresh and made fresh to order. So tastey and delicious. Was very very busy and slightly under staffed however the staff were very friendly and worked very hard. Well worth a visit. Sushi is made fresh to order. 2 delicious meals to try spicy korean chicken and the sizzling pork

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went here at the start of the year as a family and the whole experience is not one I would care to repeat, must say it is not the restaurant in Queen Street but Sauchiehall Street.

It was a long wait for it to be cooked which is fair enough as you think well its fresh, but not at all worth the wait. Told the waitress I would be complaining and she just kind of agreed! It was really disappointing and for the prices paid would expect a lot better.

One of the other things that really bothered me was that there is a 10% charge added for the service which in my opinion was not good.