“could be better”

Oko Express
Ranked #706 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“could be better”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have visited this restaurant twice, and think the menu needs some more variety and contrast. The sushi is credible but other choices on the menu lack flavour. I think the food is more favourable to the humble taste buds. The seating was ok and the service was good.

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Service was good but in our opinion food was horrid”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We went to the queen street restaurant as someone had recommended it as being better than wagas. We ordered cha Han and Katsu cirry and it was edible. Cha Han was greasy and not v nice and Katsu tasted like farm foods packet curry. A real shame but we def wouldn't recommend sorry

scotland
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just come back from Oko in Sauchiehall from dinner with my godchildren. I have used the other Oko but Sauchiehall wins hands down in presentation, taste and perfect food. Had yakitori chichen and sweetpotato mash with chicken teriyaki. Yum. Well done to the chef and the lovely waitress who served us. We will return

• Visited October 2012
“Bad service; okay food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Not my first visit. Previously thought Ok. They were out of few basics inc ice (how many metro supermarkets within 10 minutes walk?). Not an issue but difficulty it caused the waitress to explain sign of things to come. Husbands meal came quite quick. About 5 minutes later I was brought the wrong meal. Used the table button to request waitress who never appeared so caught the attention of someone else. Explained wrong meal. Plate was taken away without comment or apology. Eventually given correct meal. Gave up trying to get misso soup refilled.

Prior to bringing the bill someone came over and apologised. Bill arrived. 10% service charge on it. Didn't ask for it to be removed because someone did eventually apologise. I should have though. Voting with my feet, won't be back.

Glasgow
“Best Sushi Ever”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow. Service is great and quick. Food is some of the best japanese I've had and the sushi is definitely the best I've ever had.

Visited October 2012