“Great authentic curries”

Village Curry House
Ranked #760 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fantastic looking open restaurant with a vibrant lunch and relaxing dinner setting that is ideal for every occassion.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great authentic curries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Basic surroundings which are not an issue because the food is fabulous. Two starters, lunch-time special curries x 2 with rice, & drinks- £15. Great value.

Visited May 2012

Glasgow
“Not as good as usual as in temporary premises, worth retrying when all sorted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Some time since we have visited, we miss the experience of seeing into the kitchen. We both felt the food to be less good than previous. Although very busy service excellent.

London
“Value 4 Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Excellent authentic curry just south of the city centre. Recommended by locals. Not disappointing

• Visited January 2012
Perth
“Great Curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've been a fan of The Village for (too) many years. The food is always great and reasonable value. I like the homestyle, more realistic food. Some dishes can however be overpoweringly spicy but just ask for milder before they make it.

Kid's are welcome and catered for.

Mostly now I have takeaway as I live miles away where "real" curries are unknown. A visit to the village makes for a good evening.

• Visited November 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“'Wonderfully delicious'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Having been recommended this place by a few of my Asian students I headed straight there. And wow what a treat!! I assume we were in the new premises as it was nothing like what I had previously read about the very dubious sounding decor. The new premises are lovely, with a cafe feel to the place and the food is outstanding. I had a phenomenal Bombay biriyani which was so different from the usual greasy rice clumped dishes I have had in other places. It was packed full of fresh herbs, dried plums, cloves,coriander and a whole load of other incredible flavours-it really was delicious.My partner had the lamb Laal Lahori desi which was also delicious, but the biriyani for me was the star. I also mentioned to the waiter that I loved chickpeas and spinach and he instantly told me they would prepare a nice side dish containing both, which was great too.Even though we were totally stuffed, we couldnt resist buying a small box of delicious Indian sweet treats for back at home, which lasted all of 5 mins! Overall, great food and really helpful staff. We will now add this to our favourites alongside Mother India and other more well known West End Indian restaurants.

• Visited October 2011