“Gone a bit downhill”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed October 10, 2013

When Chow first opened it was a welcome addition to the West End restaurant choice. It was consistently good quality and we developed a real taste for some favourite dishes. Sadly over the last 3 to four visits there has been a discernible drop in standard. It still seems a relatively busy little restaurant, but the food just isn't as good as it used to be. I would happily go back and recommend it if it ups its game a bit.

1  Thank touchingcloth

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is without a doubt the worst chinese food I have ever had. They appear to have only one sauce which is very garlicky which they put on everything and call it different names !!! I would suggest giving this one a wide berth as there are plenty of good eateries in the area, no axe to grind so wont recommend anywhere else. Staff however are very pleasant and attentive but they need to clean out the chefs and get real ones in.

1  Thank andyvSkelmorlie
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is easily the worst food I've ever had. Just a standard takeaway in Glasgow. The chips were so solid I worried I'd break my teeth. They went straight in the bin. The sauce in the curry was greasy and fatty.
Avoid and get a value meal in Farmfoods or Iceland. It was that bad!!
And expensive.£20 for two minuscule curries and hard chips?

1  Thank Roughie3
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'm not a massive fan of Chinese food, but friends treated me for an after work birthday dinner. I had to say I thoroughly enjoyed it as did the other. I would definitely go back again without a doubt. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

this used to be an ok place for cantonese food but is now very poor quality, and overpriced, for what it is, just bland , processed stuff that would be impossible to sell in China. Shame that the great Chinese dishes are almost impossible to get in the UK , and Brit customers just put up with this.

1  Thank philipgregory