“Outdated”

Neighborhood: West End
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outdated”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. We both started with different soups. The chicken and sweetcorn had so much monosodium glutamate it resembled wallpaper paste! The hot and sour soup was nicely flavoured with just the right amount of spice but again had so much artificial thickening it was quite off putting. When will Chinese restaurants learn that if their food had a more natural consistency it would be far more appealing. The chow mein was quite good but the noodles which accompanied my salt and pepper chicken were dry and not nearly as good as they used to be.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow
“Good for a fill up before I night out”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was not bad, given that there are an abundance of restaurants to chose from in this area, I would have expected this to be slightly better. Its the sort of place that you would go to with friends for a Chinese, as opposed to a dress up fancy sit down meal for 2. My husband and I have been twice and although the food was okay, it wasn't anything great, there was nothing really unusual on the menu and despite asking for my dish to be extra spicy, it didn't really taste any different from the normal dish. We would go back, but for a quick bite to eat before going to the movies. Cost was okay for the location, but personally I'd pay a little extra and go to the Amber, its just nicer quality inside, more upmarket.

Visited March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Long delayed return to favourite Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

In late 2011, early 2012 I was in hospital for 3 months. There were many things I missed and craved, one of which was Chow's crispy noodles in a spicy egg sauce. However, in the year or so I've beenrecovering, I hadn't made the visit until last Monday.
I dined alone. The staff were friendly without being too in your face. For a starter I chose the fried noodles, they were as good as I remembered and I could have ordered the same again as a main.
For the main, I chose Crispy Beef with fried rice, again this was delicious and I elt guilty as the size of the portion defeated me.
I will be back.

• Visited April 2013
“Fresh food with very prompt service”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a very reasonably priced meal with very good portions in a nice atmosphere well suited for all ages.

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow
“Fast and fresh”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a lover of Chinese and all things voucher and used to come to this restaurant for many years before it became Chow ( previous family restaurant called The Sun - Where are you cooking now Mr Chan ?) I was very happy with my meal last week - I booked a living social voucher at short notice, no bother , fast service and great fresh cuisine with an excellent choice . So many vouchers exclude most things on the menu - not so at Chow's. They also have a good choice on there pre-theatre & lunch menu. Drinks a bit pricey but you tend to find that at chinese and Indian - Might be worth looking at your prices guys and more people would buy the wine -Did do BYOB but was £6 corckage - too cheeky by far .I will definitely be returning soon though and have a drink after

• Visited March 2013