“Good value and informal Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Chow

Chow
Ranked #1,678 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
London
“Good value and informal Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went to have dinner at this restaurant with my daughter who is at the university and some of her friends. The restaurant is friendly though bustling and very busy. The food is good standard Chinese which is served quickly and efficiently. The prices are very reasonable for the quality and as a wheelchair user I found the accessibility and disabled toilet to be fine.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Had better at home ...”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I where on a hunt for a quick meal before a comedy show and decided to just walk in off the street, they didn't seem keen on fitting us in the first place.

THE FOOD- The food was okay, although my starter was very tasty, my beef curry dish was below average, the beef was very over cooked and the sauce was lumpy. I had fried rice along side my curry... again was pretty average.

THE STAFF- The staff seemed to rush us and I didn't feel very much at ease. Anytime I went to spoon some more rice on to my plate one came running over taking my plate to put more rice on it, it felt very awkward and when I asked for prawn crackers it was as if I had really annoyed them by asking.

Overall the meal was okay, but I wouldn't rush back to be honest.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lauren M
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A little quirky”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ate here very early evening which was fine. At this time they offer a meal deal of two courses for less than a tenner which is decent value for money. Although I thought the price for a bottle of wine around the £16-£18 mark was a touch pricey and their cheaper house wine didn't really appeal.

The food quality was fine without being spectacular. Really liked the chilled music and modern decor. Certainly not your traditional often dated chinese establishment. It certainly suits that early evening lively city vibe but might not suit a later evening meal if you are looking for a more relaxed/spacious atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
Scotland UK
“As good as it was 6 years ago, lovely atmosphere, food & staff”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Please ignore all the bad reviews. I cannot understand anyone that says the service is poor.. Food isnt nice or staff were unfriendly. My partner first introduced me to Chows in 2006 as our first date.. Now 6 years on we still come here for early lunch or dinner at least every 4 weeks and still getting the same great service. Food is always prepared fresh and very efficient - even at busy times. Can highly recommend capital spare ribs starter and any chicken we have ordered is always so tender and delicious. Chows is the #1 chinese for us and we do not go anywhere else. Staff are very welcoming always cheery and create a nice relaxed atmosphere. As most resteraunts on Byres rd are small it really adds to the atmosphere at chows. Cant praise it enough.

scotland
“tight seating”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Food is good to slightly above good. Seating is very tight. Even upstairs . Low ceiling and very close tables. But still worth a visit and generally cheaper than some local chinese diners

Visited June 2012