“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant, popped in on a busy Saturday afternoon without a booking and were seated within a few minutes. We both had the penne with chilli, bacon and onion sauce on the lunch menu, it was delicious and good sized portion. £6.50 for one course. The draught was Peroni for £4.50 which is about average for city centre restaurants. Staff friendly, toilets spotless, would return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

visited here with 2 of my sisters early September 2013.
The restuarant isn't very large but it's nice. Food was good. After our meal we ordered tea and coffee, the waitress brought our bill before we had finished our teas even though we hadn't asked for it. 1 of my sisters and I went to the toilet (which was very clean) only to return to find my other sister waiting by the door. The waitress had come over and told her this table was pre-booked and she felt she had to leave. This was disappointing because until then we were enjoying our visit. We only had a main course with wine and then tea, but if we had taken a 3 course meal we would still have been eating then what would have happened would they have moved us and our food elsewhere. I have to add that at this time the place wasn't even very busy. We will not be back it felt like we were being thrown out.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Visited this restaurant with 3 friends for lunch (on the recommendation of one of them.)It was a most enjoyable experience.We were given a window booth.The restaurant was welcoming with a pleasant, helpful staff ,always ready to assist you. Prices on the lunch menu were very reasonable and the starters were original and tasty.I had the "Penne" for the main course and found it just right. I will certainly be bacg!You should try this place if you are looking for a good meal in Glasgow.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

What an unexpected find. Had a booth by the window so could people watch until our meal arrived. We opted for the £9.99 lunch menu, which gave a good choice. My daughter said the mussels were the best ever, and she's a bit of an expert on mussels - if there's such a thing! I had the courgette frittata to start mmm lovely. The pizza to follow was so light, crispy and simply delicious. The staff were all pleasant and friendly. I'm sure it was the owner himself who took the time to chat at each table. Will definitely go out of my way to go back to O Sole Mio. Oh, and the toilets were spotless too.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Got here late, everywhere else was closed. Lucky for me. Brilliant food. Reasonably priced. Nice choice of wine. Terrific pizza. But the starter was genius: Parma ham, fresh figs, mint and honey on crostini. Totally shouldn't have worked. My mouth loves me for ordering it.