“Great little glasgow italian restaurant”
Review of O Sole Mio

O Sole Mio
Ranked #257 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Mum remembers this place from the day it opened back in 65, it's changed hands since then but the food is as good as it was the day it opened. Great pizza and gorgeous lasagne, if you can get those 2 right, you can't go wrong. I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu. The wine was great too, a nice sangiovese that perfectly complimented the food. The current owner (thakfully an Italian) was very welcoming and was impressed by mum's tale and told her to make sure its wasn't another 40 years before she came back. Little things like that make a big difference when it comes to customer service and many could learn from this place.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been traveling to Glasgow for nearly 5-4 years regularly and I would call myself a bit of a fussy eater but I would highly recommend this little restaurant the food was amazing and the more than enough. On my next visit to Glasgow ill make sure I call again!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Enjoyed a Pre Theatre meal with Mussels and Pizza and Tiramisu. Above average Tiramisu but Pizza was average. Service was efficient especially as it was busy.All in all anice experience.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'll start honestly by saying i stumbled upon this place, however since my stumble I've been back twice already.
I'm not a huge fan of Italian restaurants as i feel that so many places let you down on quality ingredients and produce 'standard' run of the mill food.
FOOD
O Sole Mio - blew me away. The produce is fresh, bursting with flavor and homemade.
I love spaghetti vongole (when its made properly) this was exceptional. Home made squid ink spaghetti (best pasta I've ever tasted) tons of fresh clams in shell and lots of clam meat through the sauce with the perfect balance of garlic and chili made this dish good enough to come back three times just to have another bowl.
SERVICE
Djamel the owner has customer service absolutely perfect. He and his staff are attentive, professional, warm and hospitable. Its like eating at your families house. When you enter you are immediately sat down at one of the lovely tables, given some fresh focaccia bread and the food sensation starts.
I don't know what else to say apart from GO! you will not be disappointed. I would go as far to say it is the BEST Italian restaurant in Glasgow - by far.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Have been to this italian restaurant a few times and have never been disappointed. We went on a Tuesday night and the place was fairly empty. Our waitress was attentive and friendly and knew exactly when to approach and we never felt like she was hovering near us. We ordered a calamari fritti for starters and it was fantastic, the calamari was cooked perfectly and the batter was crisp and very light. The girlfriend opted for lasagna and it was a perfect portion, with good quality mozzarella cheese, lots of ragu sauce and tasted great.
I opted for a tuna pizza and it was really good, crisp and proper italian pizza base and with plenty of tomato sauce and cheese. the tuna was a bit salty but was still a great pizza.
The restaurant itself is located just off Buchanan Street and the interior is really nice, it was recently renovated I think and the seating is really comfortable. Overall, go here for a good, inexpensive italian meal.