1,335 results
All reviews signature suite lazy sunday monkfish curry monsoon shower boy racers beautiful hotel classic room sky tv complimentary mini bar city centre cocktail bar every member of staff executive room fantastic stay hotel restaurant comfy bed great shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable and nicely designed. The staff are very helpful and considerate. After checking out, we returned to the hotel to seek help for calling taxi on a rainy day. They were happy to offer help. It was much appreciated. I will definitely select this hotel again if I come to Glasgow next time.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
DakotaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Dakota Deluxe Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Loretta P

Thank you for your five star review of Dakota Deluxe.

It is great to read you thought the hotel was nicely designed and very comfortable and that the staff were helpful and considerate. I am delighted they were happy to offer help after you checked out, as this is what we strive for. Our hallmarks include Great food, attentive staff and stylish surroundings so the fact we are achieving this t is good to know.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to Glasgow soon, and please do not hesitate to contact us on reservations@dakotaglasgow.co.uk to assist with any future booking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here a few weeks back. terrible, constant computer issues, rude unhelpful staff. Incompetent managemant.

Food is good though, can definately recommend the steaks :P

i will go back but it is grudginly

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
DakotaManagement, General Manager at Dakota Deluxe Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear David H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear that you would recommend our restaurant for our steaks in particular and that you intend to return, however I am extremely disappointed to read your description of how my team handled your dilemma with computer issues. This is the first I have heard of any guest encountering any challenges with connecting to our extremely fast wi-fi, or having computer issues that we couldn't resolve and I apologies for the inconvenience frustration this may have caused.

I was particularly alarmed by your description of how my management team handled the situation, and would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss this further as this is completely out of character for any member of my team. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss this further in order to prevent it from reoccurring.

Kind regards
Martin Lawrence
ml@dakotaglasgow.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staying at the hotel we thought on a Saturday night we would have some drinks. Not impressed at all. I had to ask numerous times for menus, we were squashed into a corner, I asked for a better seat rather than a dumpy stool (I’m 6ft 2) was told none available, when I pointed a seat that was holding jackets it was ignored. Prosecco came flat in which waitress / manager agreed and changed. Overall all for a high end place, service and product quite poor, wouldn’t rush back. Went to anchor line which was great.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
DakotaManagement, Bar Manager at Dakota Deluxe Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Scottishlad31

Thank you for bringing this feedback to my attention.
I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. Whilst negative feedback is never pleasing to read, it is vital for us to listen and react to comments that will help us improve. We actively encourage feedback as we pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience that we can with quality of ingredient and efficient delivery which we seem to have been ill prepared for on this occasion, which is so unlike us and for which I apologise.

Arriving in any bar and having to request drink menus multiple times is simply unacceptable and I apologise wholeheartedly for this. Since your review we have reprinted another set of menus in order to prevent this situation from arising again. At the point of time when your group joined us, we were extremely busy and were unable to arrange a larger table to accommodate you all, I appreciate that this was not an ideal situation.

I realise that your perception of us will not the best based on this experience, but would urge you to return in order for us to show you that guest experience really is at the heart of everything we do, and I would be obliged if you would contact me directly when returning in order for me to personally reserve a table for your enjoyment.

Kind regards,
Rhuaridh Paul
Bar Manager
rp@dakotaglasgow.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third trip in three years in Glasgow, and each time for the best hotel in the area we wanted to stay. The Dakota had that reputation, and we concur!

My wife and I booked one of their upgraded (slightly more spacious) rooms for ourselves, and a regular room for our son and his wife. Both suited us all very well, with the exception that the ladies found it a bit of a problem that there was too little light in the only mirrored area (at the desk) where the hair dryer can be used.

Housekeeping is wonderful. Our room was perfectly clean when we arrived and each day's service was expertly completed. Moreover on one morning I found our housekeeper in the hall as we were going to breakfast and asked if she could make up our room. She did so, and even came down to the breakfast area to give me a wave to tell me that it had been completed. Amazing service!

We were also very well served by the front desk staff (particularly restaurant recommendations), restaurant staff and the doormen.

This is rated a "boutique" hotel because of its smallish size, but in every other way it is quite grand!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Erik R

Thank you for your lovely review of Dakota Deluxe.

You obviously enjoy visiting Glasgow, and it is great you chose to stay with us for this trip. It is lovely to read you liked the more spacious bedroom, and found housekeeping to be wonderful. I will certainly pass your kind comments on to them. I am delighted you were well looked after by the front office team and concierge who were able to give you some good recommendations. Great food, attentive staff and stylish surroundings are hallmarks of Dakota so it is good to know we are achieving what we set out to do and I hope we helped make this a memorable stay for all of you.

I hope we will welcome you back when you will return to Glasgow next year, and please do not hesitate to contact us on reservations@dakotaglasgow.co.uk to assist with your booking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've been in the Dakota Deluxe for 2 night this summer. Very good place to stay when you're looking for some luxury. Nice rooms, not to big. For a city trip more than enough. The hotel is good situated, the westend is in walking distance as is the centre of the city!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Martin F

Thank you for your five star review of Dakota Deluxe.

It is lovely to read you stayed with us two nights and found the location to be easy for walking to the west end and also the centre of the city. I am delighted you liked the bedroom, and felt you got a little bit of luxury. Attentive staff and stylish surroundings are hallmarks of Dakota so it is good to know we are achieving what we set out to do.

Hopefully we will welcome you back again sometime soon, and please do not hesitate to contact us on reservations@dakotaglasgow.co.uk to assist with any future booking.