“Outstanding every time.”

Coias Cafe
Ranked #73 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Coia family opened their first cafe in Dennistoun in 1928, and ever since then Coia's Cafe has been a favourite meeting place for local people, both young and old. The very first Coia's Cafe, originally on the corner of Duke Street, was owned by Carmine and Amalia Coia. Nicky and Ena Coia took over in the 1950's. In that time they took the business to the next level by introducing confectionery and a larger menu. During the 1980's the ownership transferred to the current owners - Alfredo and Antonia Coia, the third generation of the family to run the business. In 2006, the well known local landmark entered a new era by expanding into the newly built premises next door and by extensively refurbishing the existing cafe. This now includes the new takeaway food section and excellent delicatessen. Coia's Delicatessen is always worth a visit, offering a full off-licence with a large choice of imported wines. The new space also allowed the expansions of the ice cream section, selling Coia's famous homemade Italian ice cream. Coia's Cafe today provides it's loyal customers with an extensive menu to accommodate every occasion and satisfy every taste. We've worked hard to ensure that every dish on the menu is a dish that we are proud of. To mention the great selection of pastas and pizzas, fresh seafood and mouthwatering meat dishes is to only to scratch the surface. We also takes great pride in offering many fantastic 'chef's specials' every single day for you to try. We also recommend that you take advantage of our extensive and unique range of wines, selected personally by Alfredo. To this day, we still pride ourselves in four basics:- friendly attitude, politeness, cleanliness and high quality food. We promise an experience the whole family can enjoy.
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding every time.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have been coming to Coia's for a number of years now and have never been disappointed. The restaurant, staff, food and wine are exceptional, whether you choose from the vast selection on the menu, or from the daily specials, you will be delighted with the high quality and quantity of the food you receive. We live about 35 mile from Coia's, but it is definitely worth the trip.

• Visited April 2013

Bonnie Scotland
“Authentic Italian Quality”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this establishment many times, most recently in April.
I have had most things on the menu and would say that everything on the breakfast and lunch menu that I have tried are outstanding.

Very attentive service and not the cheapest but value for money for the standard of food delivered.

• Visited April 2013
“Mr coia is ungrateful”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My granddaughter had fallen asleep in pram on the way to meet my father at Coias. When I arrived the waiter said it was fine to leave her in the pushchair for obvious reasons. The pushchair obstructed the table next to mine but there were other free tables available for others. The waiters then proceeded to completely ignore us, giving us no menus and continually walking by our table. Mr Coia made it quite clear he was unhappy about the obstructed table by aggressively grabbingthe cutlery from it, I assume his way of letting us know he was unable to use the table. We sat for 10 minutes to be completely ignored. I got up to leave with my father, my 3 year old very hungry granddaughter and younger granddaughter in the pushchair. Mr coia even had the cheek to hold the door open for me. I will never go back. I eat in there usually one a month along with the hundreds of pound I spend at Christmas on gift vouchers. I am an experienced restaurant manager who understands that every guest is important and customer service means tailoring your service to meet most individuals. This was the most shocking treatment I have received. My granddaughter left very hungry. Don't you have children Mr Coia?!? DISGRACE !

Visited March 2013
9 Thank Eleanor12345
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Came here for breakfast after passing my theory test. eggs benedict was simply mouth watering. Staff were lovely food was great and it was busy at the back of ten in the morning, not many places like that anymore. But no, this place was its the place to be!!

Visited July 2012
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“nice meal in Coias”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Going to boxing evening in Emirates Arena, not to far from Coias, although my friend had booked a table we waited couple of minutes, the boss noticed us and got us a good and quiet private table, after that, service was excellent. Some well known faces in the boxing fraternity eating, my friend was one of them, so it pays to be known there! Starters and main courses were first class, iced water and a pot of tea brought to us immediately. Atmosphere was very noisy because all tables in use. Pleasant waiters, good food, nice start to a hectic world championship boxing evening. Will eat there again when in the area. No complaints.

• Visited May 2013