“One of the best Italians in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coias Cafe

Coias Cafe
Ranked #75 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Coia family opened their first cafe in Dennistoun in 1928, and ever since then Coia's Cafe has been a favourite meeting place for local people, both young and old. The very first Coia's Cafe, originally on the corner of Duke Street, was owned by Carmine and Amalia Coia. Nicky and Ena Coia took over in the 1950's. In that time they took the business to the next level by introducing confectionery and a larger menu. During the 1980's the ownership transferred to the current owners - Alfredo and Antonia Coia, the third generation of the family to run the business. In 2006, the well known local landmark entered a new era by expanding into the newly built premises next door and by extensively refurbishing the existing cafe. This now includes the new takeaway food section and excellent delicatessen. Coia's Delicatessen is always worth a visit, offering a full off-licence with a large choice of imported wines. The new space also allowed the expansions of the ice cream section, selling Coia's famous homemade Italian ice cream. Coia's Cafe today provides it's loyal customers with an extensive menu to accommodate every occasion and satisfy every taste. We've worked hard to ensure that every dish on the menu is a dish that we are proud of. To mention the great selection of pastas and pizzas, fresh seafood and mouthwatering meat dishes is to only to scratch the surface. We also takes great pride in offering many fantastic 'chef's specials' every single day for you to try. We also recommend that you take advantage of our extensive and unique range of wines, selected personally by Alfredo. To this day, we still pride ourselves in four basics:- friendly attitude, politeness, cleanliness and high quality food. We promise an experience the whole family can enjoy.
glasgow
“One of the best Italians in Glasgow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Finally made it today to this fab restaurant after a recommendation about a year ago and can't believe I waited so long. The atmosphere, food and service was fantastic and my lasagne was the best I have had in Glasgow. A friend had another pasta dish which was also amazing and every dish coming out of the kitchen looked so fresh and tasty and portions are large. This is now my new favourite Italian in Glasgow for amazing, authentic food, great atmosphere and service.

• Visited February 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best takeaway pizzas :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

we live near coias and have a takeaway about once a month and their pizzas beat dominos, papa johns, pizza hut, etc hands down! we occasionally have breakfast here too and it's lovely. the place is always busy so it has a good atmosphere and I love the deli so much. just nice simple hearty food :)

NorthernIreland
“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A superb traditional Italian restaurant with an extensive menu, great service and a wonderful ambience. I've often had better meals in more luxurious surroundings but I haven't enjoyed a meal as much as I did this one in a very long time.

Visited January 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

What can I say! A true hidden gem! Went here last night for some dinner and I could not believe what was put down in front of me. Went for pizza /pasta 'jimmy' style - marinara pizza with shellfish linguine and oh my word it was indeed tremendous. Huge scallops / clams / mussels / prawns with a big langoustine on top I was in heaven! Side salad to die for and very naughty with a portion of chips but they were superb! Topped off with 3 scoops of gelato! It was dearer than your average cafe but then this is not your average cafe! It is a treat! You can eat for cheaper I am sure but we went all out as starving and just love shellfish! The staff are amazing, really know their stuff and eager to assist and really chatty so lots of great banter! Especially the lovely chap Kennedy! Anyhoo - my partner goes quite a lot with his mates but I had never been but have already organised a date with the girls next week! More of this please! Eager to try everything on the menu, we were sat right at the kitchen so everything that came out you were ogling as it all looked so good!!

• Visited January 2013
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“A gem, hidden deep in the east end of Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

First time visiting, on a busy Friday night they were quick to seat us in a busy restaurant despite not having booked. Service was quick and efficient, nit picking one could probably say could have been more attentive however did not detract from a lovely meal. We enjoyed perfectly cooked pasta accompanied by focaccia and a portion of chips. Chippy chips straight from the friars, dry crispy and delicious. Normally bagged by a pasta dish, the light sauce allowed me to enjoy a main course with room left for home made ice cream, massive portion but again delicious. The bill? Extremely reasonable and well worth the money...repeat visit definitely called for.

• Visited January 2013