“Lovely Small Friendly Restaurant with Fab Food”
Review of 111 by Nico

111 by Nico
Ranked #53 of 2,897 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been here a few times before and every time it's different, but consistently good. This time they'd just started doing a tasting menu where you let the chef decide what you're having (you let them know if there's anything you particularly don't want). All six courses were fab, the whole meal was a great experience and very good value for money at £30 for six taster courses, plus wine.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (794)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited 111by Nico, after them messaging on Facebook with slots still available for the next 48hours (really good touch!) We done the 10 course tasting menu, were a bit apprehensive as we sometimes feel flavours are reused within the Nico restaurants. But the 10 course tasting menu was fantastic! The best we’ve eaten in Glasgow and for such a fantastic price! The service staff were so attentive and took pride in providing a high service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a birthday treat my friend recommended 111by nico as she had been before and loved the tasting menu so as part of my birthday she booked for Sunday. Big mistake! The place was busy on arrival so all looked good then we were told it was secret chef Sunday, basically take it or leave it!! We were asked if there was anything that didn’t suit so I proceeded to say I don’t like offal or lamb, and prawns. I have never thought I was a fussy eater ! I’ve eaten all over the world, without problems. How wrong was I ?? First dish arrived and it looked like a portion of mayonnaise, my friend had liver at the bottom and mine was just the sauce as the liver was left out ?. Not great start but leave them alone only one course so far maybe just this time it was a bit tricky to do something else?? Then the next course it was basically a fried potato with sauce and it was ok no issues. The fish course came mine without the shellfish sauce. It was ok I still thought it was edible and not too big a deal . Then came the main . LAMB!!!!! You wouldn’t guess in a million years what the replacement for me was for substituting lamb??? The smallest inside of a baby gem lettuce charred!! Yes LETTUCE tiny itsy bitsy LETTUCE!!! Aaaaarrrgggh, I was so disappointed my friend said to waitress who did nothing???!!! Nobody asked after that how it was ! Nobody! The maddening thing is I would have loved to say it’s not a proper substitute for a bit of meat but it was part of my birthday so it was my friend who was paying! They’ve got to have a bit of chicken or beef or pork or fish or something like that extra in the kitchen surely??? Disappointed. What a shame.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Took my wife here for her birthday and we both absutely loved it. There are a couple of ways to choose to have your meal, either blind or part blind. We chose the blind option and didn't get a single meal correct but it was good fun and something a bit different. Each course comes with a specially chosen wine to compliment the meal. I am not a wine drinker at all but I can safely say the wines given to us were terrific and really did add to the experience. I can not recommend this restaurant enough and if your looking for an excellent meal, drinks but with a bit of a twist then get yourself along. Fantastic.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

We had the 10 course tasting menu on the second night of its launch and it was fantastic. The flavours and combinations were brilliant. The staff were great, my partner has a nut allergy and this was catered to with no problems at all. We were also able to tweak meals to suit preference. Swapping the cheese course for an alternative was not a problem either. The whole experience of the tasting menu was really fun. Would highly recommend and will look forward to coming again to try some of the other menus on offer.