“Felt discriminated”
Review of Osteria

Osteria
Ranked #228 of 2,892 Restaurants in Glasgow
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Osteria Italiana is an Italian restaurant in the Italian Centre on Glasgow’s John Street. Run according to the true Italian traditions by an Italian Manager, Felice and his fantastic staff. The décor of this gem in the heart of the Merchant city makes the people feel that they are in an old Italian Tavern. During the warmer months, the outside dining area is a popular place to sit while away for a couple of hours, dining or enjoying a snack and a couple of after-work drinks.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a table for 8pm for a first date and we were really looking forward to it. Unfortunately from the moment we stepped in there was an almost hostile atmosphere from staff. We were 10 minutes late as there were road closures around the area for an event, so I apologised, and the place was empty, the booking said we had the table to 10.

The guy who I first spoke to screwed his face up and said oh you’re late, when I said sorry for being late. From there onward the staff were unhelpful, totally empty of a smile and event short with us. They didn’t bring a drinks menu and the girl sighed when she realised there was none on the table, I asked for ice water for the table too which never arrived.
The food was lovely so it was a shame. The toilet seats are hanging off in the bathroom which isn’t the most comfortable, I was also put off by the amount of fruit flies in the restaurant though.

I could be wrong but I felt it was because we were a female couple. No one else seemed to be having the steely service we had.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (516)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Six of us ordered six different dishes and we all enjoyed our foods. The deserts were also delicious. The beer was good. The service staffs were very friendly and helpful. We booked in advance and hence we had a table reserved inside the restaurant, which was cosy and quiet. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went on Friday with my Daughter & Granddaughter, we got a 5pm deal 2 courses & drinks for £9.95 each. It was very good value for the money. We had lovely starters the shared spaghetti carbonara and 2 pizzas they were all lovely. We had 2 small 125ml white wines and a soft drink which was included in the price. We then had 2 excellent coffees. The restaurant is lovely very authentic Italian down stairs, then small nooks looking onto a terrace of the Italian Centre which would be lovely on a sunny day. The waiting staff were efficient but could have been a lot more outgoing and friendly, as there is so much competition in the area. Really enjoyed my first visit and would definitely go back and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Having been before a quick lunch was in order.
Rather disappointed, small sliver of pate pizza ok but not as great value as before . Try other places

Reviewed August 16, 2019

Went for lunch sat 10th August after reading reviews but not as good as we hoped. We had rice ball and pate to start which was lovely then spaghetti Bolognese and pizza for mains pizza ok but spaghetti Bolognese disappointing big lumps of mince and a bit dry don’t think I would go back service was ok waited a bit long to be served and asked for water but waitress forgot this overall ok nothing exciting.