“Won't be returning”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We visited just last night my husband and I for our monthly date night, we don't mind spending on a nice meal, but unfortunately the prices on the menu don't match the quality of the food. We decided against starters as we thought the mains would be filling. Very wrong. The fajitas I ordered came with three wraps and we're very bland to say the least. My hubby ordered burritos and again was pretty disappointed. The dish was very bland and was only two mini tortilla wraps with some rice and refried beans. We asked the waiter for some jalapeño peppers to spice the meal up a bit and we were charged £2.25 for this! When the waiter came with the bill my husband told him we were pretty disappointed with the portion sizes and the waiter said nothing!!! For the burritos, fajitas and two soft drinks, oh not to forget the jalepenos, we were charged 30 quid!! A burrito and fajita kit from old El Paso would have been tastier! Definitely will not be back amigos

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I came here with some family members. We were seated straight away and the service was very fast. Staff were also very friendly however, the food was nice but just nice. This was the first time i had tried here and I live on this street so will try it again and pick something else from the menu. Overall the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visited on a quiet Sunday night, lateish, not many tables taken but we were served quickly by a Mexican waitress, large portions of food, decent wine, no need for anything other than a main course. We both enjoyed it.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I'm surprised by the other reviews that I've seen! I was here today with a group of friends for festive lunch and I was very satisfied! Our main courses were tasty (especially the fajitas), the waitress was attentive, prompt and friendly and I felt that they offered good value. The only disappointment was the sticky toffee pudding which was a bit too dense but the 15% student discount is a nice touch! The restaurant was almost empty so I can't comment on how they cope with business though.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Roamed around merchant city and found this place. Was an hour wait for a table so we went off and had a drink at the Beer Cafe (Merchant Square - good place) and came back.

Service was really slow, easily 10 or 15 mins before we were asked for drinks orders, and it went from there. For the time of night, it was really bad. The place was only half empty as it was after 9pm when we got a table so it's not as if they were run off their feet, but it's as if the staff just went around performing silly little tasks, but not actually keeping an eye out for customers.

Food, average, not great, which was a shame and quite pricey for what it was but that may just be because of it's location.

Interior of the restaurant was nicely decorated, but seeing some of the haggard creatures working in the kitchen on the way to the loo put me off a touch!!!