“Lunch”

Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I came here with some family members. We were seated straight away and the service was very fast. Staff were also very friendly however, the food was nice but just nice. This was the first time i had tried here and I live on this street so will try it again and pick something else from the menu. Overall the restaurant had a nice atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Something different for us”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visited on a quiet Sunday night, lateish, not many tables taken but we were served quickly by a Mexican waitress, large portions of food, decent wine, no need for anything other than a main course. We both enjoyed it.

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lunch - the way forward?”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised by the other reviews that I've seen! I was here today with a group of friends for festive lunch and I was very satisfied! Our main courses were tasty (especially the fajitas), the waitress was attentive, prompt and friendly and I felt that they offered good value. The only disappointment was the sticky toffee pudding which was a bit too dense but the 15% student discount is a nice touch! The restaurant was almost empty so I can't comment on how they cope with business though.

Visited December 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“So So”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Roamed around merchant city and found this place. Was an hour wait for a table so we went off and had a drink at the Beer Cafe (Merchant Square - good place) and came back.

Service was really slow, easily 10 or 15 mins before we were asked for drinks orders, and it went from there. For the time of night, it was really bad. The place was only half empty as it was after 9pm when we got a table so it's not as if they were run off their feet, but it's as if the staff just went around performing silly little tasks, but not actually keeping an eye out for customers.

Food, average, not great, which was a shame and quite pricey for what it was but that may just be because of it's location.

Interior of the restaurant was nicely decorated, but seeing some of the haggard creatures working in the kitchen on the way to the loo put me off a touch!!!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food and terrible service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our first time visiting this restaurant and none of our party of ten will be returning.We were seated at a table in the downstairs seating area which was extremely noisy. Once all of our party arrived it didnt take overly long for our orders to be taken. My friend who was sitting at the end of our table was very crammed in and was so close to the loud table next to us that there chairs were touching. The starters arrived and they were good sized portions. I personally didnt have a starter but those that did enjoyed them though they were nice though not considered anything special. The plates were cleared and we had to wait a while for our main courses. As our food was brought to the table we quickly all had our meals in front of us except for one of my friends, worryingly the server came and asked her what dish it was she was waiting for and she seemed not to know what had been ordered. Another friend ordered steak however it didn't come with the sauce he ordered. When he got the attention of the server she did bring him some over however did not apologise for her mistake. Some of the plates of food were very unattractively presented. My fajitas were nice but nothing special. After we finished our meal it took a ridiculous amount of time for our plates to be cleared and again no apology was made by the staff. Once our plates were cleared nobody offered for us to see the dessert menu or ask if we wanted anything else. We waited a good while and eventually asked our waitress if she could get us dessert menus. There was a good choice of desserts on the menu and a few of my friends and myself were glad we had chosen to not have a starter so we could manage and enjoy our desserts. We waited and waited and waited and nobody came near our table to take our orders. We eventually waited so long that we all decided to just get the bill and leave. Funnily enough when we got the attention of the waitress to ask for the bill it took her no time at all to give us that. To us it seemed that all they were interested in was our money. I was very disappointed and saddened that my husbands friends 30th birthday night was marred by this poor quality restaurant. Im still dreaming of those lovely sounding desserts however I will never find out how they tasted as I will never return here nor recommend it to friends.

• Visited December 2013