“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amarone Glasgow

Amarone Glasgow
Ranked #82 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Nestled in one of Glasgow's main shopping areas on the corner of Buchanan Street and Nelson Mandela Place, and just a two minute walk from Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall, Amarone Glasgow is perfect for a catch up breakfast, a mid-shopping-spree lunch, or an early, pre-symphony dinner. Also those looking for a romantic evening need look further: our venue offers an intimate and atmospheric setting to enjoy fine, Italian dining with that special someone.We all know that eating is a serious matter in Italy and we use the very best ingredients sourced both from specialist Italian suppliers and from our local area. To add to your dining experience, our team of highly specialised and committed staff are on hand to serve you. Our many award wins are testament to our winning formula of great food, perfect venues and dedicated customer service. Glasgow Amarone can boast Glasgow's Best Overall Restaurant of the Year.
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

A return visit to the above resturant. I had the early evening menu. A choice of two courses. Service is quick with staff friendly and helpful
Food well presented. I will be back when next in Glasgow.

“Fabulous dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My sister and I went in for the set menu on a Wednesday night. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious (we each had scallops and steak), but the added thing that really set the restaurant above others was the service.

Sarah took our order, and I asked for an alternative sauce to the green pepper with steak as I'm allergic to spiciness and intolerant to peppers and such like. She recommended the red wine sauce as an alternative.

When the starters arrived it wasn''t until I'd finished that I noticed the side salad on my sisters plate had peppers through it, not only did the waiting staff and kitchen staff ensure that I didn't need to pick food out (which I normally do) but they must have communicated with each other which one of us it was with the food issues.

I thought this was a really nice touch and would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Lynn M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've eaten here before and always enjoyed my meal. I booked a table via 5pm for myself & 4 friends. It was a busy Friday night. After being kept waiting for 25 mins, we were eventually shown to our table. We were given complementary focaccia to apologise for our wait. I ordered pâté to start. It arrived with cold, stodgy toast, so after taking one bite, I sent it back (when I could eventually get someone's attention). They proceeded to reheat the "toast" under the grill, and reserve it back to me, complete with missing bite! I immediately refused this, and asked for another. I eventually got a new serving (of toast only, they couldn't stretch to a new piece of pâté) and a manager apologised for the "misunderstanding". The halibut main was ordinary, nothing special. The only thing more annoying than the problem with my starter was the irritating waiter who tried to over-compensate for the bad start to the evening. My friends enjoyed their food, but overall very disappointed. Maybe better to stick to their pizza/ pastas?

1 Thank Pamela483
Fife scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weekend gig and shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is the second visit to Amarone and was not disappointed. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, nothing is a problem. We ate on the Saturday night, very busy but great atmosphere and as I said all staff were on the ball. Have dined in the Edinburgh restaurant few times now, and again the food and service are great. :-))

Oxford
“Good menu and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Went with a group. Service friendly if a tad slow. We had a range of meals across the menu and all good. Wine just under 20 pounds the bottle