“Top class again.”
Review of Amarone Glasgow

Amarone Glasgow
Ranked #130 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Nestled in one of Glasgow's main shopping areas on the corner of Buchanan Street and Nelson Mandela Place, and just a two minute walk from Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall, Amarone Glasgow is perfect for a catch up breakfast, a mid-shopping-spree lunch, or an early, pre-symphony dinner. Also those looking for a romantic evening need look further: our venue offers an intimate and atmospheric setting to enjoy fine, Italian dining with that special someone.We all know that eating is a serious matter in Italy and we use the very best ingredients sourced both from specialist Italian suppliers and from our local area. To add to your dining experience, our team of highly specialised and committed staff are on hand to serve you. Our many award wins are testament to our winning formula of great food, perfect venues and dedicated customer service. Glasgow Amarone can boast Glasgow's Best Overall Restaurant of the Year.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited again on Friday 2nd Nov and was not disappointed. House red wine is delicious. Antipasto out of this world and fillet steak although slightly overpriced was melt in the mouth tender and brilliant with the pepper sauce. the portions were ample and if you go, you must try the raspberry panna cotta. Easily the best dessert ive ever tasted. Hopefully not too long til next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great service, great food, friendly and welcoming staff. Will definitely return and would highly recommend!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

On the last night of a driving holiday around Scotland we decided to spend a little more on a nice meal in Glasgow. Using the 5pm website we came across this gem and booked a table for two at a fixed price for two courses.

The central location was perfect and in easy walking distance of our hotel. The resturant was busy but we were seated within two minutes. The atmosphere was bustling and perfect for a Friday night. Throughout the meal the service was great, we spoke to several members of staff who managed to tread that difficult line between helpful and unobtrusive.

The food was, without wishing to gush, perfect. I had scallops to start which were wrapped in bacon and served with a beautiful sauce and well dressed salad. I am also assured my partners mozzarella balls were great. My anticipation for the main grew as I overheard a lady on the table next to me send her compliments to the chef for the sea bass dish I had just ordered. She was right to praise it as the whole sea bass fillet served with saffron risotto was amongst the nicest meals I have ever had. I finished the meal with a lovely sweet and an expresso.

The bill for two came in around £60 which I thought very reasonable give the quality of the meal. I highly recommend booking through the 5pm website as I think they have even better deals during the week, at lunch times and pre theatre.

I will not hesitate to recommend this resturant to anybody coming to glasgow.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My friend and I chose Amarone for Saturday lunch. Luckily we had booked as the restaurant was busy. We had asked for a booth but none were available on the day.
The service was very good.We chose from the 3 course set menu and every course was terrific. The sweet, Bailleys cheese cake, was to die for. We liked the decor and ambiance of the place and I will definitely make a point of returning.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Two friends and I ate there on Tuesday 30th Oct. the bill for three, having the 13.95 lunch was a shade under 85 pounds, not good value, one glass of Gavi de Gavi wine over 9 poundbs, it was a rip off, the food was ok Much better value and tastier food at La Lanterna in Hope Street

1  Thank Jean F