“Nice Place”

Ranked #101 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Andaluz in Cresswell Lane is our original restaurant, opened in 2003. It is a great place for couples, groups and families. Set in semi basement level, the décor of bright coloured tiles, dark wood and patterned ceramics creates a genuine Andalucian warmth, sit back with a glass or pitcher of sangria and you’ll feel like you’re back on holiday in no time.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Always love this place - great feel about it and food is good value for money. Great range of food and drinks. It's also a very warm atmosphere and the window seats are great on a cold night for people watching just off of George Square.

The staff are always friendly and good place for a pre-theatre.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Perhaps overdid it with the food ordering here but the service was good, the place was clean and the food was tasty so no big complaints here. The 5pm deals are perhaps not an amazing discount for the vegetarians amongst us, but good nosh all the same.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was there with a friend as we had purchased a 5 pm Big Deal. The waiter, however, seemed keen that we chose from a menu other than the Big Deal which would have meant paying again.

The first two, of our chosen tapas, were delivered to our table, and we were enjoying these although they were on the cool side,when the rest of our order arrived. I asked if they could be kept warm till we were ready for them but was told they had no facilities to do this, that each dish was delivered to the table when it was ready in the kitchen. I had never before heard of a kitchen that was unable to keep food warm!!! This resulted in our food being stone cold before we could eat it for the air conditioning was also set very high. I felt this was a great pity for it was good food that was needlessly spoiled either through laziness or lack of insight into the requirements of a kitchen.
This was my first visit to Cafe Andaluz, Cresswell Lane, but I will not be rushing back.
I will stick to Cafe Andaluz in St Vincent Place, where I feel everything from attitude to food is superior.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last Thursday. The food was delicious, beautiful tortilla, duck and creme brûlée. The atmosphere is good, but the only disappointing thing was the service: we didn't see a smile or a happy face, it was efficient but not warm. The overall experience was still very good due to the music, decor and amazing food.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went with the family for an earlyish dinner one Sunday. Sat outside and had good food. Service a wee bit slow. Will go back