“2nd Visit - Still Great!”

Cafe Andaluz West End
Ranked #122 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe Andaluz in Cresswell Lane is our original restaurant, opened in 2003. It is a great place for couples, groups and families. Set in semi basement level, the décor of bright coloured tiles, dark wood and patterned ceramics creates a genuine Andalucian warmth, sit back with a glass or pitcher of sangria and you’ll feel like you’re back on holiday in no time.
North East Scotland
“2nd Visit - Still Great!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit. What can I say; Simply excellent food and service in a very nice mid priced restaurant. If you like Spanish food book in here!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Venue”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The food, service and decor in this restaurant are of a good standard. we enjoyed our visit. We have eaten here before and have always enjoyed it. the atmosphere is very good and we had a lovely Valentines meal here on an earlier visit. the lighting is quite subdued and is ideal for a romantic meal.

Visited October 2012
Glasgow
“Just ok”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Came for the three tapas for £9.95 option, only to be informed that this was off to make way for the Xmas menu. This was despite the fact that it was still advertised outside and also on a chalkboard inside.

Ordered albondigas, paella & chipirones. All ok, paella a bit oily. £22 for this with two coffees is a bit steep I think.

I don't think it was as good as some of the other smaller tapas places in Glasgow, but if I was in the area, I probably would return; I just wouldn't go out my way.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious food with a warm welcome every time”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm never disappointed when I visit Cafe Andaluz in Cresswell Lane; the quality of food is excellent and the service is top notch every time I visit. I know the menu off by heart as I've been here so many times before and I keep coming back. Staff are attentive without being overbearing, food is fresh and served within a reasonable time and the quantities are perfect - you are always stuffed after 3 tapas and a dessert - which is quite often the deal I visit on. I've introduced family and friends to the Andaluz experience and they are now converts too. No other tapas place matches up to the experience you have at Cresswell Lane; well worth the visit. Recommend the potatas gratinadas (bubbling cheesy creamy layers of potato), the black pudding and apple, the king prawn pils pils and the crispy battered chicken fillets with honey and mustard....drool. Love it.

• Visited November 2012
Scotland
“Not as good as previous visits”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night, arriving 15 mins early for a 10pm booking but there was a free table although all others were occupied. A very busy atmosphere & a huge amount of noise that we normally associate with the City Centre restaurant, not this one - but then it IS only 2 weeks until Christmas.

I think the full house contributed to the fact that our service was patchy - we had 5 different servers during our visit, and didn't get the feeling that any of were particularly attentive. We weren't offered bread, and were never asked how out food was even though we had 2 seperate orders between drinks.

Some new options on the menu, but prices seem to have increased from our last visit. My tortilla portion was disappointly small but nice (though not that warm) but the chorizo & black pudding was delicious and piping hot.

The sea bass was very oily & not that nice, and the mussels (a substitution for mackerel which was unavailable) were totally tasteless - seemed like they were cooked in plain boiling water then added to a bowl of sauce. Both dishes were eaten but only because the kitchen had closed & we knew that replacements would not be available.

This is one of our favourite restaurants & we will be going back I have no doubt, but this visit left us very under-whelmed unfortunately.