“Great eating experience! 30/07/14”
Review of Khublai Khans

Khublai Khans
Ranked #227 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was my second visit to the restaurant, the first was when it first opened many years ago. It certainly won't be that long until my next. In fact, I've already booked to return next weekend:-)

Quality of service from Bar and Restaurant staff was excellent; friendly welcome, knowledgeable staff and speedy service (despite being very busy and I think only two waiting staff). To be honest, it was excellent value for money. We had the mini feast which includes a choice of starter, 2 trips to the buffet and a dessert. We went once to the buffet as we were full after the first trip and wanted to leave room for dessert.

Definitely recommend it, Laura was our server - great work!

Khublai K, Owner at Khublai Khans, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Hi Pepita
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you returned, not once but twice!
Thanks again.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a great evening in Khublai Khans. Our kangaroo haggis and Asian fishcake starters were beautiful. Great variety of meats and seafoods in the all you can eat. Great service, very friendly staff. Will definitely be recommending to family & friends, and hopefully return soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

To start the staff are excellent and really make the whole experience fantastic. The fish cake starters were so delicious and the variety of meats and fish for the buffet style main are excellent. After tasting the beef, seafood and kangaroo I can say I fully enjoyed all of them. Although it's a little more than what we would usually pay for dinner it's worth it, and it includes a starter and a dessert. Definitely coming back as soon as we can!

Hi
Thanks very much for taking the time to review the restaurant, much appreciated. I am also pleased that you enjoyed one of our new starters, I will be sure to let the chefs know!
Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The best restaurant in town! Full Feast menu allows unlimited visits to the BBQ and the possibility of a try all the exotic meats such as kangaroo, zebra, wild boar or crocodile!
I really recommend it to everyone!

Hi Michal
Thanks very much for your kind words. We are delighted you enjoy the restaurant.
See you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just visited this eatery and I have to say I am not impressed, slow service, food cold and not enough to feed a sparrow, my Wild Boar burger was 2 inches across and the bread bun was cheap and nasty with a big bit missing, a slad with no dressing and a thimble of coleslaw served on a huge chopping board which made it look even smaller!!! . Okay we had the 2 course for £6.95 but even still I had to go and eat after I left. Almost 2 hours to get a starter and main and the place was pretty empty! My wife did not get her sweet as the 'Chef never prepared the sweets in time!'...still got charged £6.95 but never had the energy to argue as we just wanted out to enjoy the atmosphere in Glasgow. one word to describe.....Shambles! would I go back?? not a chance.

3  Thank Rabangie
Khublai K, Owner at Khublai Khans, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

I am genuinely very sorry that you didn't enjoy your lunch and did not let us know of your grievances at the time in order that we could have attempted to sort them out.
However, allow me to cut through your hyperbole and emotional rhetoric and correct a number of factual errors.
Firstly, our burgers are hand-made by our chefs. They are 6oz patties, and they use a forming ring which measures 3 1/4 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch in depth. Whilst there will obviously be some shrinkage during cooking, your claim that your burger measured 2 inches in diameter is simply false.
The buns we use are a standard burger bun glazed with sesame seeds. You claim that your bun had a chunk missing, if that was the case I apologise that we didn't spot it, however if we had been made aware of the problem, we could have easily and quickly remedied it.
The salad is intended as a small, additional garnish. The burger itself sits on a bed of salad leaves, tomato and red onion.
The coleslaw is home-made and is intended as an optional addition if you wish to add it to your burger.
The burgers are accompanied by a large portion of hand-cut, double-fried chips.
The burgers are served on rustic wooden-platters which we think are attractive and enhance presentation. ***

I'm assuming that you dined at the restaurant on Sunday 27th as that was the only day we did not have all our desserts available. Far from the place being pretty empty, we served over 100 customers during lunch service. Nevertheless, no one waited for two hours for their food.
Once again I apologise if your wife's chosen dessert wasn't available. We had been extremely busy on Saturday evening and towards the end of our Sunday lunch service, we simply ran out of some of the desserts. This is primarily because they are all home-made with care and attention and we are unwilling to compromise on that.

However as I was preparing the bill during that lunch service, I can categorically state that no one was charged for food they did not receive.

Whilst I apologise that we did not live up to your expectations, there is one word to describe your "review" - disingenuous.

Owner

*** The above is available for the princely sum of £5.95.