“Watch for hidden costs and food doesnt always arrive together” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Khublai Khans

Khublai Khans
Ranked #193 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Mongolian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: City Centre
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Watch for hidden costs and food doesnt always arrive together”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I visited here on the 8th of November for my husbands birthday and booked through the website there was a space on the website to say if it was a special occasion so we entered birthday. When the waitress came to our table she asked if we had been before we hadnt so she explained the process she was foreign and talked so fast we couldn't understand her but we worked it out for ourselves. When it came to the main course we went up and selected our food and left it to be cooked they were placed together but one dish was not recieved back until 15 minutes after the other one my husband was finished and I was still waiting to I had to ask twice about it. For dessert my husband recieved a dessert with a sparkler and th e birthday experience which was nice but then the bill came. On it there was a service charge included which we were not told about but also there was a £5 charge on our bill that we could not explain when we asked what this was we were told it was for the birthday sparkler . This qasnt explained at the time of booking and ivwould mot have payed £5 for rhis. The meal was nice but it was definitely not the wow experience I expected very dissapointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Khublai K, Manager at Khublai Khans, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hi There,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the restaurant. We do appreciate it. Firstly I'm sorry you felt that the explanation was a little rushed. There is quite a bit to take in with regards the diy bbq so a full & clear explanation is expected. The chefs are also available to offer advice when needed however, I have emphasised the need to speak more clearly when explaining the process to all members of staff.
Secondly, I understand that the duty manager spoke & apologised to you about the delay with the main course.
Thirdly, with regards your husbands birthday. We do normally charge for the firework, personalised plate for tables of less than 8. However I appreciate if you are not told about this then you should not have been charged.
Lastly the service charge is mentioned on the menu & website and is completely discretionary. However, after the mix up with your main meal this should not have been added to your bill. I understand from my duty manager who was on that evening that you paid this as well as the £5 charge. I would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me at the restaurant so as I can reimburse you for both of these as I have a note of the amount along with your booking details.
I hope you would accept our sincere apologies.
Yours Sincerely,

• Greek first
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Awful, never again. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Worst experience ever. Would NEVER return.

Having never been here before i didn't know it was like a buffet style restaurant. I do not like buffets at the best if times but this one just didn't look good. The meat looked so unappetising but I thought I'd try it seeing as i was already there.

I used the recipes suggested to measure all the herbs and spices and then passed it to be cooked, i did this 3 times in total and every dish was not eaten. the meat was like leather, it was disgusting. I went home hungry. Never again!

I will say however that there was a party of 6 of us and the others thought it was ok. 2 of us didn't enjoy the experience.

Hi There,
Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your dining experience. We value ALL feedback. I'm very disappointed that you say you didn't enjoy the experience although four other diners say that they did? Obviously if you felt that the food you had was inedible I'm a little disappointed that you did not bring this to my, or a member of my staffs attention on the night. Perhaps if you had, a resolution could have been found. After all you have left having paid the full bill but not mentioned anything. This doesn't strike me as someone being very unhappy???
I would be more than happy to discuss this issue with you at your convenience should you wish to call me at the restaurant.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
Manager.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Every time my wife and I go to Glasgow for a weekend or mini break, we have to go to this excellent place. We've been going for 5 years now, it really can't be faulted. The food, the atmosphere and the people all make this the perfect place to go for a great meal coupled with a spot of excitement. If you haven't been, you're missing out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Graham,
Many thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant. I'm delighted to hear that you have returned over the years & continued to enjoy the experience.
Thanks once again & we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Manager
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“One of my fav restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited here quite a number of times now. One of my fav restaurants.

Food amazing love how you can mix and match different types of meat and ingredients to make your own dish.

Staff are super friendly aswell.

Don't be put off with the different meats, they all taste so yummy !!

HI Maxine,
Thanks very much for the review. Glad you continue to enjoy the experience. Your comments are most appreciative.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Manager.
biggar scotland
“Something different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a fantastic place, this is such a different experience if you haven't been you MUST GO

when we first arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the décor, the staff were welcoming and very friendly, as we have not been before the young lady took time to explain how the restaurant works, it was, to say the least entertaining trying all the different meats, recipes are on a board for your guidance if not confident. food was cooked on the grill and it was very enjoyable.

GREAT NIGHT / EXPERIANCE WILL GO BACK.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Khublai K, Duty Manager at Khublai Khans, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant - we value all guest feedback.
We're thrilled that you enjoyed your night with us, and that our selection of exotic meats was not lost on you.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards,