“Well worth a visit”
Review of 13th Note

13th Note
Ranked #132 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: The legendary 13th Note in Glasgow has been operating for more than 12 years and is known to many people for many reasons. It's the place you played your first gig, the place you watched your first gig, the place you discovered vegan food isn't all salad and tofu or maybe it's the place you feel most at home. If you've not yet visited us, what are you waiting on? Make The 13th Note your place! OUR BAR We have a large airy bar area as soon as you enter the building on King Street. Here, you can enjoy our vast range of drinks, including: draught lagers; bottled delights; cocktails; whiskies; bourbons; coffees and herbal teas. As we have a very much vegan culture, we have tried to ensure all of our products are suitable for vegans too. If you are feeling peckish, you can order food from our bar or restaurant menu until 9pm Sunday - Thursday or 7pm Friday & Saturday. The best thing about our bar is, you can bring along your best buddy. That's right, if you have a pooch, you can bring him or her along for some free treats, toys or even a lie down in a doggy bed!! We are one of the only Glasgow bars who are dog friendly, isn't that handy? +Complimentary reading materials+ +Free parking for bikes inside+ +Jukebox+ +Live DJ sets on selected nights+ +Foosball table+ OUR RESTAURANT Situated discreetly at the back of our main bar is the restaurant. Here, we offer a beautiful variety of vegetarian and vegan delights served in an attentive and friendly manner. Our restaurant is open from 12pm - 9pm daily and allows for children until 8pm. We accept bookings, both large and small, within our restaurant. To enquire and make a booking, please call or send us an email. OUR GALLERY As backdrop for our dining guests, we allow for artists to display an exhibition in the restaurant. We take absolutely no commission on any sales made, so if you're an artist looking for some exposure, get in touch with us! OUR VENUE In the deep dark dungeons of The 13th Note, lies our venue. Complete with its own bar, the venue plays host to some of the best music gigs, performances and events in Glasgow. We also hire our venue out at a very low cost, to get more information on this simply contact us.
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went to the 13th Note with my wife for lunch. Great food, very reasonable prices and great service. We will be back (very soon).

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Teefal2212
Dear Teefal,

thank youfor your kind words regarding your recent visit to us at The 13th Note. We are delighted that you had a memorable experience and we welcome you back any time.

Kind regards,

• Polish first
“A must visit.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I was so happy that I was allowed to bring my dogs into this place. The staff were really friendly and brought over two bowls of water a toy and some chocolate drops for my dogs. The food was excellent and our whole experience there was great. Definitely return.

Visited July 2014
Dear Nomars,

firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled that you and your dogs enjoyed your 13th Note experience. We absolutely love being able to accommodate for guests with dogs in our bar area and all of our team are sincere animal lovers, the dogs make our day!

We welcome you and your pooches back any time,

Assistant General Manager
“One of my fav places to eat in Glasgow.xx.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The 13th note was one of my favourite watering holes before I had babies....I met my husband there...and now I visit with my children for their outstanding food, lovely chilled out, child friendly atmosphere and lovely staff.
I am neither a vegetarian nor a vegan but still this place is one of my favourite places for food in Glasgow....plus my boys Love it too, (they have Jenga....I get to eat in peace!!).
My littlest had a cows milk and egg allergy, so it's nice to not have to worry about ingredients.
I have two absolute favs...the Sri Lankan curry is to die for...an absolute taste sensation, and the Dahl is one of the best I've ever tasted, topped with flakes of coconut! Yum!
To be honest, there's not one thing on the menu that I would say no to and I've probably tried most things over the years. Whether you go for a delicious veggie burger, tom yum soup or their tasty super salad with quinoa, you will not be disappointed.
The Note is by far the best veggie food in Glasgow. There is nothing bland or tasteless. Everything is so yummy.
Starving now...will have to make a visit! ;-) xx.
Ps....they do a great pint of Guinness to. :-)

• Visited July 2014
Dear Zoe,

thank you for taking the time to leave some lovely words about The 13th Note. We are delighted that we not only suited you in your pre-baby days but also now that you have a family, we do aim to be family friendly so we are glad you have had the opportunity to utilise this.

We look forward to seeing you and the little ones again soon,

Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Chips Ever”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been threatening to write a review for the 13th note for a long time, so here it is! The best chips I have ever had (seriously) Unbelievably Delicious. All of their food is beyond amazing, I'm not exaggerating. I'm a wheat free vegan who struggles to eat decent food in most restaurants. I live in Jersey where there is nothing decent to eat (unless you like seafood of course). There are no vegetarian restaurants so It's such a pleasure to go to somewhere like the 13th note and have choices!! Their haggis is delicious and also their risotto balls. I will be in Glasgow next week and am so looking forward to eating here, I can't wait. The last time I came a member of staff called David served us, he was really nice - I felt guilty because I raved so much about the food (especially the chips) and then never wrote the review I promised to write. So - If you like delicious vegan food try the 13th Note!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SanCeland
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely vegan food.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend had a lovely meal in 13th Note recently. I am vegan and boyfriend is vegetarian and we went here as it came highly recommended by other vegans. I very much liked the style of the menus, being that everything is vegan unless it is otherwise marked. This made my choosing a meal very easy! I had the moussaka w/ dressed rocket and a side order of chips. My boyfriend had veggie burger w/ salad and chips. Food arrived very quickly, portion sizes were excellent and were good value for money. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The only downsides to our visit (which is reflected in my rating) was that there was a few items on the menu that were low or out of stock (possibly because we were there on a Sunday?). We wanted to order some cheesecake for our dessert which was the main reason I had chosen 13th Note for our dinner that evening as it came reccomended by several people who had had it before, so was disappointed there was none left however these things do happen! The more disappointing part of our experience was due to the fact my boyfriend had specifically asked the waitress to make sure there were no tomatoes added to his veggie burger main (as he is allergic) and when his food came there were indeed tomatoes on the burger. This kind of thing should be paid attention to more accurately but we did still tip our waitress!
There is quite substantial noise coming from the music venue downstairs aswell but given that we knew going in about this it didn't bother us too much but could get a little distracting for some people.
Given that the rest of our experience was good we will definitely be back in 13th Note.
Friendly staff, good food and nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
VeroniVerdict, Manager at 13th Note, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Ashleigh-Ann,

firstly, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, especially as it is shown as your first on Tripadvisor. We also want to thank you for being so honest and providing a holistic view, as it is only then we can incorporate guest feedback into the development of the business.

Our head chef works consistently hard to provide a varied and interesting vegetarian and vegan menu and we are delighted you had the opportunity to taste just some of our dishes. It is very unfortunate you were not able to try the cheesecake, as its reputation is true; it's absolutely delicious and completely suitable for vegans. It is not usual for dishes on our menu to be unavailable; our kitchen team are momentarily adjusting to an increase in business levels. We do apologise for this and would like to offer you a piece on us the next time you visit! Please email on guestrelations13thnote@outlook.com to let us know when you will be visiting.

Your comments regarding attention to detail within service will be communicated with the team as these points are crucial, particularly if a guest, like your partner, has an allergy to a specific food item.

Duty Manager