“Yummy curry and good service”

Mother India's Cafe
Ranked #80 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Although small, this restaurant serves a helluva curry. I was very happy to get some extra spice! We went on off hours, so we did not have to wait in the queue that everyone complains about. Service was good and we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of our meal!

1  Thank ctepper
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Got to be the best curry house in Glasgow. What a brilliant idea to have smaller (tapas-type) dishes for people to order multiple different dishes.

The restaurant itself doesn't accept bookings so be prepared to wait in the queue. I would suggest asking for the menu while you wait so at least you're not really losing much time! In all honesty though they normally turn a table around pretty fast so a wait shouldn't be more than 20 minutes.

All their dishes are lovely but if I had to recommend a few it would be the fried Okra dish and their chicken saag (spinach curry). Both some of the best I've tried. I'd also avoid the naan and go for a chapati. Less filling and works great with a curry.

This place is very well priced. Total came to £66 which included a bottle of wine and three very full people!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wide variety of tapas-style dishes add up to a flavoursome lunch for sharing with friends. As always the service was excellent.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My boss always takes us here for a treat. The food is lovely and staff great. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The Mather of India cafe is fantastic! The food was delightful! I enjoyed every single bit of it. My friends recommended this place cos they come often and they are never disappointed always happy what they got .