“Great pub grub!”

Uplawmoor Hotel
Ranked #497 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great pub grub!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We often go here when we want a laid-back, hearty pub lunch. Uplawmoor offer great regular bar meals (fish and chips, lasagne, scampi, burgers etc) and brilliant specials that have been different every time we've visited. The starters, mains and desserts are all generous in portion size and just what you want on a cold, rainy day. They also do a great lunchtime special offer (2 courses for £9.50....I can't remember how much for 3) which will fill you up nicely. I was too full to try the pear and toffee crumble but will make space next time....

The staff are very friendly and helpful and there are beer gardens to the front and back, great for a summer day or evening. Families are welcome too. The place seems particularly popular with walkers and people passing through or those who are looking for a nice cuppa and cake or shortbread. Although I'm not a beer drinker, you may also want to try some locally brewed beer while you're there.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank alilee218

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paisley
“good food and service”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Having visited the Uplawmoor Hotel for a bar meal in July 2012 with more local friends I thought it a good place to take guests from further afield. They were not disappointed! All 4 of us enjoyed a hearty meal and the service was excellent - a young and friendly staff.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank annie_anne502
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Yummy!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Attended for a 50th birthday and the service was superb. I had pate which was amazing and the steak pie which was out of this world, in fact I couldnt finish what was on my plate as there was a generous amount given. I will be going back for sure!! And I'm sure the rest of my friends would agree! 10/10 for everything!

• Visited May 2012
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Attended a 50th birthday celebration in Uplawmoor's restaurant and have to say everything was excellent from beginning to end. Staff were very attentive all evening. The food was exceptional especially the garlic mushrooms and steak pie. The homemade crisps and homemade bread were also lovely. My friend was presented with an Uplawmoor cake and staff took a group photo and presented it to her at the end of the evening. All 16 of us thoroughly enjoyed the whole Uplawmoor experience and look forward to returning in the near future.

2 Thank Ann101628
glasgow
“Lazy Lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was in the Uplawmoor Hotel the other Friday, I was in the area and had some time to spare so I went for drink in the bar found the bar area great just what I expect to find in a country pub very civilized. Had the corner table near the bar sat their and read my newspaper in piece. Asked for a cheese sandwich got a master piece with chips. If you are looking for a nice place for lunch this is the place to go.

• Visited April 2012