“I used to think La Tasca was good!”
Review of La Tasca Glasgow - CLOSED

La Tasca Glasgow
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Glasgow.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

On Wednesday I decided to use my new taste card and take my girlfriend out for a meal before going to the cinema. We both work living wage shift jobs, but try to put aside at least one night a week when we can relax together. La Tasca seemed like a safe bet, we had been there before and loved it in the past. I called the restaurant in advance and asked if we could come along after work and use my new taste card, the gentleman on the phone was very polite and answered 'Yes of course sir!' When we arrived a very angry looking woman asked us if we wanted a table, she then led us to a table that had not been wiped down properly located next to the disabled toilet. We thought that they must have had bookings for all the other tables that night so we did not want to bother anyone by asking to move, the restaurant remained quiet the whole time we were there, and we were there a long time. Massive pauses between service meant that by the time we paid for the bill the cinema was off the cards! When we were making our order, I opened by saying that we were in for the 2 for 1 taste card deal. We asked the waitress if I had to give her my taste card at the start of the meal or the end of the meal to get the 2 for 1 deal, she replied that we were to hand it over at the end of the meal. Keep in mind that we were ordering at this point. Anyway at the end of the meal, I asked for the bill and gave the waitress my taste card. She then returned with a plastic dish, upon which sat a full bill and my card. She smilled and said 'Thank you.' I smilled in return and politely pointed out that we were in for the 2 for 1 deal. Her mood instantly changed and she coldly asserted that the deal only applied to tapas on the menu. I remained civil and pointed out that we were not made aware of that whilst clearly ordering what we believed to be a 2 for 1 deal. She frostily asserted that we should have looked at the website before coming and that she had checked with her boss, who was of the same opinion. I just smilled and said 'Alright, no problem. Thank you very much.' I then paid the bill and for the first time in my adult life did not leave a tip. Does anyone know if La Tasca has changed hands? Last time we ate there the food was lovely and the service good. This time the service was disappointing and the food was bad. Our paella was bland, barely warm, and the rice over cooked. During the meal we had come to the conclusion that this must be because we were getting the deal, "perhaps the food isn't cooked from fresh if it is a 2 for 1," we thought. However, as we paid a full and hefty bill at the end, we don't believe this to be the case now. In a nutshell, there are many good Spanish restaurants in Glasgow. I already know that neither of us, nor the family and friends we have spoken to will be returning to La Tasca before trying other options. It is a shame really, it used to be a great place!

3  Thank MiMurray

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Been visiting La Tasca for years now, both with friends and family and I cannot stress how excellent the food is. Can cater to suit all ages and have a fantastic kids menu which went down a treat with my niece and nephew. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, great atmosphere and value for money is good as they always have deals on. Definitely worth a visit, have recommended to many and would recommend again.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I had a lovely meal at La Tasca a few weeks ago. The service was great - thank you, Amy, the smiley blue-haired waitress, and the manager Catarina, who was spot on with her recommendation from the menu. The atmosphere was nice and most importantly, the food was absolutely tasty! Rather large portions full of flavours, I have no complaints. Though we were filled, we couldn`t resist the dessert platter to share and that too was delicious.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

It's been years since I was last there. Changed the time of the booking on the day...not a problem and arrived slightly late for table...shown to seat by very bubbly waiting staff.

She recommended a good btl of red, we choose 9 dishes ( 3 fish, meat, veg)
GAMBAS GABARDINA
CALAMARES (ANDALUCÍA)
LANGOSTINOS (ANDALUCÍA)
A FESTIVAL OF MUSHROOMS (RIOJA)
SPICY ROASTED VEGETABLE CASSOLO WITH ALMOND
VEGETABLE GRATIN
SPANISH-STYLE LEMON CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
EMPANADAS DE CARNE
POLLO MARBELLA

all arrived piping hot and it was the start of a great night. Will be back :)
Waiting staff was REALLY good, nice, bubbly

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Bit of confusion at first with various menus. I was interested in the 40% discount during May. Got there in the end

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca