“Over average price for under average restaurant”
Review of La Tasca Glasgow - CLOSED

La Tasca Glasgow
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Glasgow.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

... not the best experience in all aspects. We had a table just next to their phone which was ringing almost without a stop. The sound wasn't loud enough (that's why I couldn't get through to actually get a reservation in the first place) so staff didn't hear it as the place was busy so it just kept on ringing with a couple members of staff occasionally picking up the phone.

We've receiver 5 tapas instead of 4 we ordered. Oh well, at least waiting staff has good imagination. The straw in my sangria was a little sticky - probably because of fruit; however it would have been nicer to get it clean. The same with water glass, but this time there was something stuck to the glass. Thankfully the second glass was clean. I count myself lucky!

Food was nothing to be struck by - from 5 tapas we took there was nothing we couldn't have prepared at home better than it was in the restaurant. It was ok I would say, but to bring back some customers food should be really good, not just ok. It was highly overpriced for what we've got!..

The atmosphere is not bad, however they could get some better candles - outer red layer was falling off which didn't look too classy. It was also obviously understaffed; saving money is saving money but if you get customers who are not too happy because they had to wait for waiting staff too long then I don't think it's worth it, is it?

Overall, they should try harder. It's highly unlikely I will ever come back or recommend this place to anyone but I believe this place will find its clientele which is happy with less than I am.

suzyjg, General Manager at La Tasca Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hola forleisureandwork,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review.

Please accept my apologies for your poor experience in our restaurant. Please rest assured that we have taken all of your comments on board and we are actioning them in the restaurant.

The whole team try incredibly hard on a daily basis to both deliver outstanding food and service alongside our vibrant atmosphere and hospitality.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our restaurant.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Despite the location (Renfield st is NOT the best place where to stroll around after a meal) La Tasca manages to be quite cosy and welcoming.
The food however, is quite poor, and the service not great.
Albondigas (meat ball in tomato sauce) were excessively salty, and the patatas bravas just oven baked potatoes covered in pub-quality spicy tomato sauce.
Seriously, I could have just went to the pub around the corner to get the same food for half the price.
Chicken croquettes with cheese filling felt like any frozen croquettes you can find in Tesco. They are not bad per se, but it's not what you expect from a restaurant.

1  Thank vatnajokull51
La Tasca G, General Manager at La Tasca Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hola vatnajokull51,

Gracias for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your dining experience. The vast majority of our products are imported from Spain and made fresh on our premises, so I am surprised to hear that we failed to meet the high standards of food quality which we strive for on a daily basis.

I have taken onboard your comments and they have also been passed on the team.

If you were to consider giving us another chance, please do let us know and make sure to browse through our promotions page for regular offers.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in the city centre. Service is always excellent with a particular mention of Suzie to be made. There are a number of offers available and the tapas never fail to please. I particularly enjoy the Rioja!

Hola Harry C,

Thank you for your review! Glass of rioja ready for you when you are...

Hasta luego

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The variety of food is splendid, so is the quality and taste. Some of the sauce in the vegi tapas didn't really go with the food but everything else was fantastic in the way it was arranged. The atmosphere and look of the restaurant gave it a very authentic Mediterranean feel. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Only complaint would be that it is a bit cramped, not much room between tables for waiters and customers to squeeze by. Also the Spanish beer is a bit watered down for my liking, better to avoid this and go for wine.

Hola Xman H,

Muchas gracias por tu opinion!

We have passed your feedback onto our chefs and if you like you are more than welcome to request a table away from the "traffic" on your next visit.

Hasta Luego

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely lovely venue, warmly welcomed to this lovely tapas restaurant. The staff here are friendly fast and know there dishes well. The food was wonderful and tasty and well worth every penny. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a place with good vibe and unique service. Definitely be back soon.

Hola Joziboy83,

Gracias for your very kind words and they have been passed onto the whole team!

Hasta pronto