“Good, but....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Italian Kitchen

Italian Kitchen
Ranked #138 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: We aim to bring our customers good Italian cooking at competitive prices. That's a simple idea. Taking the freshest produce available we create incredible pizzas and pasta dishes. Alongside our meat, fish and chicken the choice is wide but carefully chosen to present authentic Italian cuisine. Take a look at the menu on this site. There are also daily specials to choose from. Plus the wine list; don't forget the wine, and the spirits, and the beers.
Paisley
“Good, but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fo many years, The Italian Kitchen has deservedly enjoyed the reputation of being a first class Italian Restaurant. On a recent visit, the staff, as always were most helpful and attentive, the menu prices were fair. However, the quality of food was not as good as on previous visits. Perhaps, the chef just had an off day and I will keep The Italian Restaurant on my list of places where to eat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Still a great italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A large group of us visited the italian kitchen and were not dissapointed. The service and food is excellent and the ambience of the restaurant is relaxing but energetic at the same time. The smell of great food floats around the restaurant whilst people chat and chill out. The drinks are a bit pricey but this didn't spoil our evening. Well worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Poor service and wrong meal delivered.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I arrived without a booking at 17:00 and asked if we could be finished by 19:00. Not a great start. After ordering drinks it took about 20 mins for our order to be taken. The restuarant was not that busy but attentative staff was scarce. Order was taken and my wifes starter of thick wedged bread and dips arrived independently of my calamari starter. My wifes starter was meant to be focaccia bread. My wife chose the tagliatelle and prawns as a main but it came with mussels (not listed as an ingredient in the a la carte menu) and mixed seafood. My sirlion diane was taken away to be kept warm and we had a further wait for both dishes to return. Credit where credit is due, flavoursome meals and good quantity of food. Coffee was served in small cups and by the time my warm milk arrived the coffee was lukewarm. The staff just do not seem interested in good customer service. From Service to bill paying, to getting our coats to leave, it took longer than it should have We actually left at 18:55, so two hours to have dinner in a less than busy environment with delays caused by delays and errors. This was the first time my wife and I had been out without our kids for a long time and whilst it was not a special occasion, the mistakes from the waitress/kitchen, the length of time taken to be served and meals delivered at different stages made for a poor early evening out. It is the first time in many years that I have not left a tip and I would certainly not be back or recommend to any of our friends. As per previous submissions, there is a wider choice of Italians in the immediate vicinity... explore them!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leicester
“Very pleasant Italian restaurant in the middle of old Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I found a warm and helpful welcome, excellent, well-cooked and hot food, good wine and attentive service. I had an insalate caprese to start, haddock mornay from the Specials menu and Tiramisu to finish, all washed down with an excellent Sicilian red wine and a Sambuca.

Highly recommended.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a lunch special at the Italian Kitchen ,food was very nice and in the mid price range.
Nice decor and clientele ,worth a visit.

Visited November 2012