“Excellent”
Review of The Dhabba

The Dhabba
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dhabba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: An authentic North Indian cusine experience in the heart of Glasgow. From Punjab to the Merchant City, we've brought the best of North Indian cooking to Glasgow City Centre. We're talking about authentic recipes using fresh natural ingredients from award-winning chefs. Food worth talking about, and a warm dining experience to savour. Proudly featured within the Michelin Guide and highly recommended by food critics, you'd be sure not to miss out on making booking with us.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Don't listen to the bad reviews. Excellent evening and pretty much faultless unless you want to go into way too much detail! Considered not posting to keep this wee beaut to ourselves!

There are newer reviews for The Dhabba

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place is for those who like food that is cooked similar Indian cooking in taste and aroma! Definitely cooking in this kitchen is miles from british curries.

Food - I visited this place twice during my 4 nights stay in Glasgow. I am gutted not to find similar restaurant in Manchester. One of the key reasons I found is that owners are indians, and are passionate about Indian style food the way it is in India.
I ordered/tried the following mains in no particular order:
Black daal (daal makhani)
Daal tarka (yellow lentils)
Palak Paneer
Mix raita (natural yoghurt mixed with lil bit of milk, cucumber, tomato, onions and coriander)
Missi roti (one with gram flour)
Naan
Breads like missi roti are so to do with home cooking!

Portions are good, taste is amazing and waiters are average. However, they are quick and friendly to customise your food the way you want. I observed this with other guests whom they were helping, offering even the trial portion:))

Price - You may find it pricier than normal indian restaurants around, however, given the experience you won't repent about your money spent. A main dish should cost around 9-12£ varying from vegeterian (little cheaper) to meat (Expensive) dishes.

Place - This place is more like a casual as well as a fine dining restaurant, contemporary and simple interiors with cafe style furniture. You won't find it crowded space wise and tables are at optimum distance from each other , with a big aisle between two rows.
Given the sunshine these days, you can also sit outside.

Just amazing...I am struggling to collect words to give justice with the food they offer, however, it may be hope it helps people! If you feel I am too biased, sorry about that. I will visit it again and again overlooking all other minor factors coz food is love!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

A party of 8 of us visited here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We found the waiters to be really helpful when we were ordering, they asked us what we liked and how hot we liked dishes and advised us on what dishes they would recommend, which was a fantastic help.

Everything they recommended was spot on. The food was fantastic and this is definitely somewhere I will be revisiting.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking as we had indented eating some where else.. WHAT a find this was.
This restaurant has to be one of the best Indian Restaurants around food was so good from the first bite we where raving about it to one another.
The guy who took our order I assume he either was the head waiter/owner could not have been more helpful after making my selection suggested I changed my order slightly as the dishes I had chosen would not complement each other too similar.
If I could make one very slight comment for anyone wanting to eat here prices are a little bit higher than normal... So try and get a 5pm Deal or similar.
To end on a high note fantastic choices of dishes for you to choose from, Terrific food and first class service, I cannot recommend this Restaurant high enough.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went Sunday evening-extremely quiet. Tables n seating not ov erly comfortable.Felt a bit pressured to order-which was a bit difficult as the dishes were not known to us. Eventually went with the "hot signage" chilli peppers- n went for 2-not that hot actually.Food was hot, well presented-but, just not a cut above the rest. A wee bottle of Irn Bru was £2.75!Rip Off! 3 mains n 3 drinks non alcoholic n 3 coffees- £80.