“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Shenaz was the first Indian restaurant I ever went 30 years year ago. I am delighted to say that the decor has improved & it is much lighter & brighter than it was all those years ago. However and more importantly the food is just as good as it always was. The pakora is like no other I have had anywhere & is light and accompanied by lovely dipping sauces. I had a house speciality - lamb Rogan josh & my husband had chicken bismal. Both were delicious & the meat was cooked perfectly - tender & tasty. The recipes may seem different from what you have tasted before and the service may not be the very best but I would highly recommend Shenaz.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

never fails to please. been here many times now and it is the best in Glasgow. Would not go anywhere else

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Entered here after a long days shopping in glasgow party of 6"
Welcome was very cold asked if we had booked we said no he then disappeared for a few minutes left us standing the restaurant was half empty .
He returned showed us to a table
Menus given .
Food arrived mediocre " although what really shocked us was when I asked if we could order another bhaji as I forgot to Oder for my son
I was told and I quote- " The chef says he's to busy and it was not possible ! Never in my life have I been told no you can not order any more food!
Shocking behaviour needless to say when they asked if we would like deserts we declined and got out of there as soon as possible
With no Tip left !
Would never go back to this awful restaurant .

5  Thank Ronlisa
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Over the years, I must have eaten many times at the Shenaz, and can't think why I don't always go here for curries in Glasgow!
It is almost superfluous to add to the many good points other critics have made. Suffice to say, the welcome and service is excellent, the food high quality and well prepared, value for money is great......I could go on, but in reality, for a really honest to goodness curry in good surroundings, without the flannel that some Glasgow venues try to create, it is hard to beat!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

People you are missing out not going to this restaurant, we popped in one night around tea time and the pre theatre menu was still on, my husband thought we should stick to the a la carte menu, i suggested we give the £12 per person menu a go, glad we did, it was lovely. Great value for money. Its right opposite the Mitchell library, you wont be disappointed.