“Authentic tapas in the heart of Glasgow”

Cafe Andaluz City Centre
Ranked #163 of 2,560 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Our Glasgow City Centre restaurant has been open since November 2006, and has become one of the most popular restaurants in Glasgow. We attribute this success to our freshly prepared tapas & friendly staff who are always happy to explain our menu and suggest their favourites.We do not compromise on the quality of our raw materials and offer a wide variety of vegetarian, meat and seafood dishes. These are great to share with groups of friends or family, and are a perfect combination when accompanied with one of our Spanish wines, speciality cocktails or our authentic sangria.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I come here on a regular basis and have never been disappointed. On this visit we started with bread and olives while we perused the menu, the bread basket is substantial and the olives plentiful. I had paella valenciana( cooked to perfection with plenty of chicken and seafood) Gambas pil pil (prawns with chilli) and the pig cheeks(tender and delicious). My husband had patatas gratinadas(creamy potatoes which were absolutely delicious) sea bass (again cooked perfectly with crispy skin and with a mango relish) and chorizo with black pudding. The service was excellent and all our dishes arrived simultaneously. The house wines are excellent, particularly the tempranillo and although I was stuffed my husband had the cheesecake to finish. We couldn't fault a thing and will be back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice experience of going to this restaurant in the past and recommended it to my parents. We booked a 5pm deal and from the start felt a bit like second class customers. The service was inattentive and the staff made no attempt to engage our party of five in any pleasantries.
The food was nice but did not all arrive at the same time and we had to remind waiting staff twice of the missing items. The restaurant was only about one third full so could not be put down to the staff being rushed off their feet.
The main issue came at the end of the meal when the waitor made a mistake with the bill and overcharged us by £50. I will give him the benefit of the doubt by saying it was a mistake, however his reaction when my dad questioned this may have suggested that there might have been more to it. He became very aggressive to my dad. The manager intervened and told us that she was embarrassed by his behaviour and would make sure the incident did not go without reproach.
I would never return to this restaurant again. The person involved still works there unbelievably and, in response to our official complaint, there was no attempt by senior management to resolve the issue. I have made sure my friends, family and colleagues are aware of my experience and none of them would go to any of the restaurants in this group. There are lots of nice restaurants in Glasgow. Do not waste your time with this place.

3  Thank ClaraaBoo
Sarah V, Manager at Cafe Andaluz City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Customer
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
I believe your father who was part of the same party, contacted us in March regarding the experience you had within the restaurant.
The mistake was a genuine one, the offer you had booked was the Big Deal which are £20.00 each voucher, which has been prepaid. The waiting staff need to manually amend the bill to show this and your two Big Deal Vouchers had not been on this occasion but this does not exucuse any behaviour you might have recieved after.
As soon as your father emailed us we quickly took the matter in hand and addressed the problem with the restaurant, senior management spoke to the waiter in question and we gave a disciplinary that we saw fit at the time.
Both senior management and myself contacted your father again and apologised profusely and also sent out a few gifts as a good will gesture, a voucher which the waiter had paid for and also a goodie bag for the little girl in the party.
I am sorry you still feel that the matter was not resolved and felt you had to write this review.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant is great! Lovely food, quick service, cosy atmosphere, brilliant location. Very near the main train stations in Glasgow and the Buchanan Galleries. We go to the Edinburgh restaurant, and tried this one when in Glasgow ... just the same great experience! We will be back when in Glasgow looking for a meal!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had calamari, lamb and potatoe dishes! Three of us and we all loved it! Great 5pm deal (3 tapas and desert, 14.95). Would recommend it, it is in the centre of town and is good if you want to go for drinks or that after because it is in the centre!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Lovely food great location friendly and helpful staff excellent value We ve been here several and have always had lovely food and a warm welcome fom the staff ..