Hotel ibis budget Glasgow
  • Room Service
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
  • Breakfast included
1,813 results
All reviewsretail parkodeon cinemacity centrewhat it says on the tinrooms are basichotel is situatedkey cardcontinental breakfastmin walkshort stayvisiting glasgowetapharvesterbingoquaysecchydro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here once as I recognised the "Ibis " name. It was not what I expected. The rooms are tiny and very basic. But the worst thing is the noisy drunk people that stay there. Hallways were littered and carpets were stained with god knows what. You just cant get a decent nights sleep here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mllmscl
Robert I, Front Office Manager at Hotel ibis budget Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Our rooms are very basic so we can keep the costs low and pass on fantastic rates for our guests, and the rate which you paid was one of the best available in Glasgow on the night.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

cheap budget hotel with a 15 minute walk to the City centre over the river. Guests seemed to have problems using the lift due to the swipe card system as the reception is on the sixth floor. But cheap at £22 a night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kind regards,

Robert Ionescu

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Tiny room with nasty plastic furniture. Booked a twin and had to make up the bunk bed ourselves. Between midnight and 3am the place sounds like a zoo. There was a kebab on the floor. Do yourself a favour and spend an extra tenner on a Travelodge or Premier Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NickT682

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent 3 days at IBIS budget hotel at springfield quay, Glasgow.

Got there badly lit outside the main door.
The reception is on 6th floor and no one manning the safety of customers on lower level coming in and using lifts.

Got there late on the sunday night. Managed to get the disabled room as it was empty still so they switched me as i'm on sticks. As I asked if there was any disabled rooms still opne as online showed no.

We had had a 10 hour trip there and both of us were sore my friend and I. I took my wee dog too which can only happen at IBIS budget.
Price wise excellent hotel and clean inside the rooms aesthetically quite pleasant.

We arrived struggled up to reception. Had to wait always a wait in that hotel as I only saw one person ever on. We got sorted and the swipe key was a problem from get go pain in neck. Have to sdwipe to use the lift every time you come into it and onbviously the room.
Got offered no help with luggage to our rooms which I think should be automatic when someone is on sticks. my friend was elderly not capable of dragging two suitcases.

Got to the room couldn't get in, had customers came and helped us. we swiped and swiped and swiped something that was often during the 3 day stay constant malfunctioning swipe keys and going by watching other guests struggling too with them.

Staff was nice enough on the evening shift. What we were not informed of was the fact that there was going to be an influx of football foreigners coming in on the Sunday,Monday and Tuesday night we were staying,which turned out to be hell. Absolute hell noise. from first night.

I was in disabled room there was no hot water in shower from night one.
as informed it got turned off at night to save money. I'm in lot of pain from travelling and needed a couple of showers a day to bring down pain. The sunday night after travelling for 10 hours to get there I couldn't get my pain down. When I did get a shower it flooded the room coming through the wall into the bedroom so about broke my neck slipping on the water when I got out the bathroom.
They quickly got people up to fix it was blocked so got unblocked.

The hotel reception nice enough and provided stuff to buy drinks and snacks etc
we didn't use it because of the unsavoury characters hanging around the hotel.
The hotel is situated in a business park which was really good cinema next door, casino, few restaurants too. Located near the clyde was a nice clyde walk to take the dog out.

There was construction going on either connected to hotel or for business next door so eyesore in the way in and noise during day coming from the construction.

I am asthmatic highly allergic to cigarette smoke. People were always at the front doors right up to door smoking so had to try run past them all the time to go in and our with the dog. Ridiculous having to wade through smokers to get out as they all congregated in the front entrance porch as no reception there.
Men all over place hanging around there definitely didn't make us feel safe and we got verbally assaulted and swore at by foreigners that had arrived for the football game on the Monday. Told staff about it and he said he would come downstairs when we wanted tro go out with dog see if could see the guy who was shouting at us being verbally abusive. I waited and did not go back out did not feel safe as a female to go walk my dog with trouble hanging around.

The sunday night and Monday and Tuesday night was noisy during night from midnight for a few hours and on the Tuesday night because of foreigners in for the football game there was chaos. Shouting, swearing, screaming, fighting, banging, chanting all night long and we had to get up for travelling 9 hours on no sleep.
There is no staff around any of the hallways and feels like an abandoned hotel. with reception on another floor and a lift away. Lot of loitering around hallways and a lot of noise.
There is no phones in the room to call reception at all not even in the disabled room. I had to use my mobile on the Tuesday night to call reception and I could hear all the noise in the reception chanting singing shouting while on phone with him. He said he was trying to get it under control. Our room was facing the front of the hotel almost and we got all the noise tues night as football hotel customers were shouting and screaming and chanting and sounded like vandalising banging stuff trying to destroy it. All night long.
Staff member said he called the police who came spoke to them and left them at hotel still. WEll what good was that cops should have rounded them out and threw them in cells for the night. My dog was terrified and I did not dare to take her out to go to bathroom after 10pm at night.
The Tuesday night staff said as soon as the cops left they started up again and it went on all night long I was exhausted. Being asthmatic no sleep means asthma attacks which I took all day travelling home because of exhaustion.
Was loud loud loud. I called reception twice telling them to do something about it, keep calling cops until they do something. I was very angry because I knew in pain and no sleep would be a rough nine hour trip home.

I was told by staff on the Monday night when I complained about the noise on that floor middle of night for hours that it would get worse tonight and tomorrow night because of football. Like that was going to make it acceptable by telling me after we arrived at the hotel and had complained about the first night.
I did get no charge for the Tuesday night room but it was not the point. Had no sleep for three nights barely especially the Tuesday night before travel.

Thee hallways are deserted of staff no one around no security nothing. Both of us as women did not feel safe at all using that hotel. Creepy feel to it with a lot of shady characters using that hotel too. We quickly would go from room to outside and back.

Rooms were boiling hot no way to turn off heat we had window open 24 hrs a day and was still 80 f in there and still no hot water for showers in evenings.

Room itself was very clean and fresh really liked it and plenty of room being the disabled room to move around to walk. The rest of hotel flat creepy to be honest I would say its a glorified youth hostel except youth hostels don't allow any noise during the night.

If you need a cheap place to stay and are planning on getting so drunk youll pass out this is the hotel for you. Drunk you might not hear the racket going on all night long when your trying to sleep.

There was not enough towels, not enough soap and not enough toilet paper we had to go fetch them. Its a budget hotel it's what I expect but not in a disabled room where someone has mobility problems and has to travel down to the reception to go pick the stuff up on a totally different floor from the leaving door.

Its a budget hotel alright. Its a youth hostel pretty much with your own space. Its bare minimum of everything which is fine as long as clean. I cant compromise on sleep especially with fact we were 20 hour round trip travel from home. 3 nights of no sleep I felt really really cranky and did not enjoy my trip because of it.

If it wasn't noisy it would have been bearable the rest of it as I knew what I was getting.
Getting heckled and having to wade through shady characters blocking the front door every time we went out was daunting even for me I definitely did not feel safe going in and out.

Do your homework and don't use it unless you plan on passing out drunk where noise doesn't matter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BuchananMusicBlogger

Thanks for your review.

If you decide in the future to come back to our hotel, please contact me directly.