“Mclovin it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nice 'n' Sleazy
Ranked #804 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mclovin it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

So, it's a bit of a crap day weather wise and I decide to go Sleazy's for a pint and a burger.
I'd been in here loads before but never had food. I remember the days of the sleazy burger which never appealed to me but these 'Meathammer' things look great.
I decided on the Murderous Hog and a pint of Black Isle Organic.
The beer seems to be the most expensive on tap at 4.25 a pint but it's so tasty, you really have to try it. All in I spent about £13.50 which if you consider the alternatives around like wetherspoons or some hell-hole like that, is quite good.
The burger came and it's immense. The burger alone is huge but the pulled pork and everything else really makes it worthwhile. The chips you get with it are perfect. Fat and crispy just like I like my women....aaanyway......so by the time I'd had this feast and read the paper I was ready for a nap.
Instead, I had another pint which the waitress brought over to the table which was kind of unexpected. This is Sleazy's for god sake, what happened to the surly bar staff and the 'don't give-a-damn attitude'?
This is a lovely wee place which has, I suppose, matured with its audience. Evidenced by the fact they now have a kids licence and a kids menu. Crazy.
All in all it's a great place and I'll always love it.
If you're coming to glasgow you should try this place out.
Yes, it's not pretty to look at but it's what's on the inside that counts and what's on the inside is great and friendly staff, a great jukebox and a spotify account for during the day and a great arcade machine with some great retro gaming on board.
It would be a shame to come to glasgow and miss out on this iconic venue.

• Visited May 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best burger ever....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

been a big fan of sleazys for years..... goood atmosphere cheap booze.... never had food tho.... until today.....had the pignut burger oh man oh man..... will defo be back to try the others on the menu....best burger i have ever tasted the chirozo and the haggis work so well together....and the bourbon jam was awesome.....oh and my wife had the mini mac n cheese.....also awesome......

UK
“Poor show”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Visited today with my wife and daughter ( Ages 45, 45 & 20)
Had one drink each and left, 2 large wines and a black Russian, £16 (rip off)
Torn seats, graffiti, in street talk terms it was clatty and won't return
Not my cup of tea but appreciate it may appeal to others.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Reykjavik
“The name of the bar says it all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great music, cold ambience, in a punk/gothic sense. Quite small and bit too tight. I had to squeeze my way from the entrance to other end of the bar.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Steiniberg
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best burgers in Glasgow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Last Sat night (19/04) we visited an old student haunt of ours, on the hunt for what has been billed to us as the best burgers in Glasgow. The bar is still pretty much the same as it was in the 90s. However despite the surroundings - inside and out! The food definitely lived up to the rep. Burgers by Meathammer were beautifully cooked and great value. Good choice of beers, both bottled and draught. I'd recommend probably going for food during the day rather than a busy Sat night as it can get quite crowded. I was shocked at how good the food was.

• Visited April 2014