“Reminded Me Of Home!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
New York City, New York
“Reminded Me Of Home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

During a recent trip to Glasgow, my friends and I asked the hotel concierge a great Italian place to eat in the neighborhood and they suggested Roma Mia. I'm so glad that they did because we had a great time! The food was excellent homemade Italian just like my grandmother makes. We all shared a few things. We ordered the risotto with mixed seafood, veal parm, chicken milanese, and the gnocchi. The risotto was a bit creamy for my liking but there were delicious chunks of seafood. I thought the veal parm had a nice crust and a moist center. The waiter was attentive and pleasant. We only ate here one night out of our entire trip but if I lived in Glasgow I would definitely be a regular customer.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank TheDowntownDiva

“Fine Food & Fabulous Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Once again we went to Roma Mia this time to celebrate a friends 60th birthday. Six of us had a fabulous evening and they even produced an impromptu birthday cake, needless to say they couldn't fit 60 candles on it. Most of us had the Veal Saltimboca Romana, excellent, and the birthday boy picked a red wine that was about as good as I have tasted. The Gavi di Gavi also went down well.
Massimo as always is the perfect host and brings true Italian authenticity to the evening. Well done again

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Tikkitie
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, great food and wonderful service. The a la carte menu or the pre theatre are both great the latter being exceptional value. If you want a feel of Italy then try here you won't be disappointed

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Heather G
Ireland
“Step into Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a true Italian family restaurant. Massimo and Michael are out to make you at home . We have been going there for years when in Glasgow and they are consistently good. Their menu covers the Italian favourites. My favourite is the fish dishes and they compare very favourably with specialist fish restaurants. To finish off the meal you could ask Michael to make you an Irish coffee- no one makes them better.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank IrelandObserver
Glasgow
“Very Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Called to try and book a table and the person that answered was very rude and would not listen to my question regard their menu. They simply advised that there were no tables available however when I said that there was tables available to book through the 5pm website they actually hung up on me. I never write reviews but after this experience I felt enraged enough to warn others at how rude the staff are. I'll never eat here and will not recommend anyone to if they want a nice night out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mapo81, Owner at Roma Mia, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hi,
I'd just like to say I find it extremely offensive that a review as bad as this is allowed to be published! I can guarantee that none of my staff that answer the phone would ever be rude to any potential client or booking especially not in this current business climate and plus the fact that it's our family who answer the phone! I don't understand why you would recommend people not to come to our restaurant especially the fact that you have never been! So please people don't listen to this misrepresentation of this unhappy person and do come to try us ,and I can guarantee that you will be welcomed with open arms into our restaurant.
Kind regards