“Great restaurant”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Roma Mia
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, great food and wonderful service. The a la carte menu or the pre theatre are both great the latter being exceptional value. If you want a feel of Italy then try here you won't be disappointed

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Heather G

Ireland
“Step into Italy”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a true Italian family restaurant. Massimo and Michael are out to make you at home . We have been going there for years when in Glasgow and they are consistently good. Their menu covers the Italian favourites. My favourite is the fish dishes and they compare very favourably with specialist fish restaurants. To finish off the meal you could ask Michael to make you an Irish coffee- no one makes them better.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank IrelandObserver
Glasgow
“Very Rude”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Called to try and book a table and the person that answered was very rude and would not listen to my question regard their menu. They simply advised that there were no tables available however when I said that there was tables available to book through the 5pm website they actually hung up on me. I never write reviews but after this experience I felt enraged enough to warn others at how rude the staff are. I'll never eat here and will not recommend anyone to if they want a nice night out.

• Visited November 2012
Mapo81, Owner at Roma Mia, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hi,
I'd just like to say I find it extremely offensive that a review as bad as this is allowed to be published! I can guarantee that none of my staff that answer the phone would ever be rude to any potential client or booking especially not in this current business climate and plus the fact that it's our family who answer the phone! I don't understand why you would recommend people not to come to our restaurant especially the fact that you have never been! So please people don't listen to this misrepresentation of this unhappy person and do come to try us ,and I can guarantee that you will be welcomed with open arms into our restaurant.
Kind regards

Michael Onorati
Director
Roma Mia
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Genuine Italian restaurant, great food and warm welcome”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went there for the 5pm pre-theatre (very good) deal. Food was really nice. We only had the pre-theatre menu, so obviously we can't judge the more sophisticated a la carte dishes. However all our courses were very good and nicely presented. Service was warm and attentive without being pushy.
All in all a great place, in a quiet area. Avoid all these so-called "Italian" restaurant chains, and visit genuine places like this one! We'lll definitely go back for sure!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Romain P
Glasgow
“Early meal”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

5Pm deal two courses + glass of wine for £10.95. Food was lovely, lovely plump & juicy mussels in a light tomato & wine sauce followed by "sea bass roman style" served in an olive oil & wine dressing with grilled veg & roast potato wedges was beautiful. Sea bass was slightly on the small size but with the starter was fine & with the addition of a large slice of beautiful homemade cheescake for only £2 extra was a delicious meal all in all. Staff were friendly & attentive. Such a shame the restaurant was empty as this created little ambiance.I'm sure at the weekend this would be very different. Worth a visit & can hold it's own with the competitors.

• Visited October 2012