“First - and still best”

Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Japanese restaurant
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a favourite restaurant of mine. A good selection of food including sushi, noodles, stir fries and other dishes. I prefer it to the Japanese chain also present in Glasgow. You can have a leisurely meal at Ichiban without feeling hurried in any way. Staff are friendly and will guide you if you have problems with the menu. Food is cooked to order so arrives fresh. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Friendly atmosphere, with very helpful staff and quite a varied menu. Lots of my Japanese favourites. Good value as Japanese food isnt usually cheap. Noodle bar.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I really like ichiban and I've been a few times. Food has never disappointed and the price for what you get is great. I had the wok fried Ichiban with egg fried rice and it was excellent. The chicken katsu my girlfriend had also tasted amazing so we'll be definitely going back and at around £30 you can't complain

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visit Ichiban fairly frequently and I rate it higher than the other similar restaurants in Glasgow. The food is always very fresh and cooked to perfection. Menu is varied. Service is efficient and courteous.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant may not have the white table cloths or a fine dining experience but, it does have good inexpensive food. We have been times and enjoyed our meal every time. If that is not a reccomondation I don't what is! Sushi, Noodles, soups, starters are all good and you wont have to rob a bank before you go!