“One of my favourites!”

Ichiban Noodle Bar
Ranked #291 of 2,511 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Japanese restaurant
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Staff are friendly and efficient at what they do. Food is reasonable and very tasty! Fully recommend if you like japanese food.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Reasonable priced Japanese food - casual atmosphere and service. Have never had a bad meal here, highly recommend the gyudon. Portion sizes are large compared to the portions in Japan. I'd prefer a smaller portion and some miso/pickles alongside.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's a bit tricky to find this place because it's upstairs it doesn't have a store front, but there is a subtle sign black sign with white writing, which you will find inbetween a Sainsbury and a Da Vinci.

I ordered the edimame beans, and for £3.80 I got a big bowl of them, I love edimame beans and I still couldn't finish them. I also got the Ichiban Ramen which was also a generous serving with prawns, chicken and tofu. The broth was flavourful and the noodles were a good texture. Overall it was delicious and good value.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I come to Ichiban as often as I can. Yummy food, excellent service and always consistante. Freshly prepared sushi, good portions. Try the bento boxs' if you are dubious about japanese cuisine... you will love it! My fiance particularly enjoys the katsu curry. Authentic and delicious!

2  Thank sukipink
Reviewed October 9, 2012

One of my favourite places to eat especially when you don't have long.
The service is fantastic and the beef yakisoba is one of the best tasting things I have ever eaten. Don't be put off by the restaurant being on the first floor. it is not one of those chinese dives that there are dotted about Glasgow.
Have been eating here for 5 years and will be doing the same for at least the next 5!